A Critical Examination Of Jehovah's Witnesses Beliefs

by wearewatchingyouman 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I ran across this document while searching for info on 607/587 a month or so ago....

I have to say it's the most in depth critical examination of what I like to call "the big 3"(144,000, Arianism vs Trinitarianism, Destruction of Jerusalem) I've ever seen...

It's basically from the Catholic perspective, but I find that's good for research since that's basically who the borg pits themselves against...

I have to say that for the first time in my life the Trinity as a philosophical concept actually makes sense to me... though I don't think I could call it a belief of mine....

Just a warning it took me a long time to get all the way through... anyways, if you enjoy this type of stuff check it out and let me know what you think!

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Trading one type of filth for another, in my opinion.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I believe that's Jonathan Dough's website, right? I haven't seen him on here for a while.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

of course... this isn't posted to cause people to convert to catholicism... just for critical examination and better understanding of both religions... clarity on the subject one might say... knowledge can't be a bad thing... it's just how you use it...

this will be my last post for 15 hrs... damn newbie restrictions... how long does this last anyways?

• clarity
    clarity

Wearewatchingyou .........

........soon!

• Heaven
    Heaven

As a teenager, my critical examination kicked in when I encountered the misogyny in both the religion and the Bible. Being told I can't have a blood transfusion to save my life set off my warning sensors too.

My Mom tried to guilt me into going out in service (even though she didn't go) by telling me that I risked my eternal life if I did not. I asked her to show me the scripture that stated handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines was the definition of works and the way to salvation. She was unable to.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

lol @ heaven... I know what you mean... the hypocracy killed me as a kid... and the idiocracy was even worse...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit