Bible Students

by Justin 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Justin
    Justin

As is well known, not all Bible Students remained with the WT in the years following Pastor Russell's death, and so today there are a number of groups that still identify themselves as Bible Students and have more or less retained Russell's original teachings.

My question, for anyone who may have knowledge of this matter, is: What do the present day Bible Students believe about the availability of the high calling (heavenly calling) for people who newly associate with them and who make a consecration/dedication to do God's will? In view of the supposed lateness of the hour, do they have anything similar to the "other sheep" class in the JWs?

Please don't respond by telling me what the orthodox view is (that there aren't two classes to begin with) - we all know that. I'm asking specifically what the Bible Students believe, and I also realize they may have different schools of thought as they don't have a centralized organization like the JWs.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Justin,
    After doing a quick search, I found that there are many Bible Student Groups that hold Russell in high esteem. They probably all have differing views on the subject. It looks like this won't be an easy question to answer. It would be interesting to do a little research into each group though.

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/christa.html

Below is a partial listing from the above link:
    Associated Bible Students - Those who adhere very closely to the teachings of Charles T. Russell.
    Allentown-Pocono Bible Students Association
    Associated Bible Students of Central Ohio
    Associated Bible Students of Jersey City
    The Berean Bible Institute
    Bible Student Convention Page - also "Songs in the Night" devotions
    Bible Student Home Page
    Cedar Park Bible Students
    Chicago Bible Students
    Dawn Bible Students
    Fort Worth Bible Students - Divine Plan Online
    The Greater Providence Bible Students
    Hartford Bible Students
    Harvest Truth Database
    International Association of Bible Students
    Message Forum
    Bible Student Research
    Bible Student News
    International Bible Students Association
    Los Angeles Bible Students
    Maspeth Bible Students Association
    Alternate Site
    Miami Valley Bible Students of SouthWest Ohio
    Middletown Bible Students Home Page
    New Brunswick Bible Students
    North Seattle Bible Students
    Studies in the Scriptures - 6 volumes
    Oakland County Bible Students
    Pastoral Bible Institute - (Herald of Christ's Kingdom)
    Topical Index of Christian Literature
    San Diego Bible Students
    Tim Cimbura's Bible Study Web Pages
    Vancouver Ecclesia of Bible Students
    Washington Bible Students Home Page
    Winnipeg Bible Students Association

• hippikon
    hippikon

Wher's RR when you need him?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I started researching them a few years ago (but was blinded by the borg, and never did anything with the knowledge).
    I found the North Seattle Bible Students page was helpfully, complete with Studies in the Scriptures and the Divine Plan:

http://www.nsbible.org/

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

There are still some groups out there that study the writings of C T Russell, and consider him to be the faithful and wise servant. I saw one of the programs for their meeting, and it discussed various themes from Russell's writing. It's like they're caught in a time warp.

A few years ago, I ordered a copy of their "Harvest Truth Database". It contains all of the original writings of C T Russell. So, they are at least good for something.

It's hard to believe that there are people like this out there.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Wow, I came accross some of these before but didn't pay any attention to them I didn't think they kept Russells belief system. Thats pretty interesting I want to research that now. Cool thanks for posting that. I think I'll send it to my mom also and see if she would be interested in researching it.
    plm

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I wonder if they still believe the pyramids are god's mouthpiece or whatever it was that Russel thought about them?

• SYN
    SYN

I still want to get myself one of ole Tazey boy's Pyramid posters, the ones they distributed back around the First World War (I know, I'm too lazy to lookup the exact date ). That would be continous affirmation that I made the right decision to leave the BOrganization.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You mean this poster?: http://www.nsbible.org/

• RR
    RR

hippikon

Wher's RR when you need him?

Did someone call?

Justin

My question, for anyone who may have knowledge of this matter, is: What do the present day Bible Students believe about the availability of the high calling (heavenly calling) for people who newly associate with them and who make a consecration/dedication to do God's will? In view of the supposed lateness of the hour, do they have anything similar to the "other sheep" class in the JWs?
    Most Bible Students, with the exception of the Epiphany Bible Students, followers of Paul Johnson [Laymen's Home Missionary Movement] believe the door to the heavenly calling is open. We don't scoff at anyone who professes to be spirit-begotten. So anyone who meets with us is given the right hand of fellowship. We do not have a "other sheep" class as do the JW's. However, within our fellowship, there are those who have no desire to go to heaven. So they are merely the "unconsecrated." Pastor Russell called them "Justified believers."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit