Pleasantville

by waiting 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• waiting
    waiting

On H20, someone commented on this movie as an insight on how we, as JW's look at the world and the problems of trying to change that looking.

I had seen the movie last year - I thought it was going to be a comedy - it wasn't. But I didn't tie anything to it. Naturally, I didn't apply it to myself.

But this guy is right - I'm going to watch it again. Once you start to see the world in color - it's really hard, if not impossible to go back to regimented black and white.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I never saw that movie but I understand about seeing in black and white.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I saw the movie some time ago, and if I remember correctly, I DID relate it to life as a JW. Don't ask, don't question, don't extend the boundaries of the familiar. If you do....there's no going back.

• Ozzygal
    Ozzygal

I saw this movie just a couple of months ago.I thought that the town of Pleasantville was like what JWs want the world to become. Black and white rules, everybody nicey nicey, nobody living outside the box... everything perfect. It sorta made the whole new system idea sound a little scary to me.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Yes, this movie very much applies to the JW world. The oringinal was made sometime in the 50's and is so much better than the remake

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

HOLY CRAP. I almost wet myself seeing Waiting's name appear on the active posts lists. Then was disappointed it was just a thread from 8 years ago.

Waiting, Redhorsewoman, Frenchy ... cool flashback!!

As for the movie, I never saw the original but do remember making the JW comparison when I watched the movie. I am living in full Technecolor now!! and wouldn't want it any other way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit