I talked to a disfellowshipped person yesterday!

by tyydyy 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

We went to the ice skating rink yesterday to take our daughter to a birthday party and we saw some Dubs we hadn't seen in a couple of yrs. We Xena said hello the first thing R said was "I'm disfellowshipped" Xena said: "So" I told her we haven't been to the KH in about 2 yrs and she says: "Ya'll really should go back" Now here is a woman who is currently living in sin with her DF'd boyfriend. They were both in crappy marriages and they ran away together. We both told her that we were happy for her and she said she would send us an invitation to thier wedding in a couple of months. Meanwhile he never came up and said hello. Poor thing. He was trying to avoid us because he thinks we're still JDubs.

I just feel sorry for these people who are estranged from a life that's ultimatly bad for them and they want to get back. They have to run around like puppies with their tails between their legs until someone decides they've had enough punishment.

TimB

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

tim, i'm glad you and xena talked to this df'd couple. too bad they haven't discovered the truth about the truth yet. but maybe you and xena's actions will stay with them and someday they might thank you for helping them to wake up.

did they mention anything about the birthday party you were there for? :)

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Thanks Harmony,
    I'm hoping that soon we can start a dialogue with them. They have a couple of children near the same age as ours. He was very involved in the KH (sign language) but was never respected. He was a black man married to a white women. We should get to talk a little before the wedding.
    They didn't say anything about the party. They were just there to skate as a family. They really are nice folks. I hate to see them suffering like that.

TimB

• chauncey
    chauncey

I totally understand that type of delimma.
    I was there once. Although I wasn't baptized, I did study a very good few years
    then drifted away. Next thing I know is I fall in love, find myself to be a Muslim, then get married.
    We have two children and time is running out. My wife is devout and I need some experiences
    to help bring forth strength and support for me. Brother, do you know anyone who use to be a Muslim
    that has become one of JW's in Truth? If you could help, thank you.
    I am in the same position as that disfellowshiped sister. Hopefully Jehovah hears her in a truly repentant
    and sincere manner very soon.
    Have a good day and hopefully a better "new system".

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

chauncey:

At the risk of sounding like an ass hole, you might want to take a look at this site: http://jamaat.net/comp/jw/jw.html

It gives a clear, unbiased view of the Muslim response to JW's, and how they see us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit