A day in the life of a fader...

by onemore 3 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

So, the day is almost over, it’s going to be Sunday in the next 2 hours. How did I spend my Saturday now that I’m out of the Organization….well...

After watching Sponge Bob, I went to the GYM and had a nice workout, on my way home…I saw a few JWs on field service…

Later I met with my brother to look at some used car, after grabbing a bite, guess what? I saw another group of JWs from my old congregation, doing what?…you got it, field service.

Then it hit me, I could have been with them, doing the same thing, spending my entire Saturday morning and mid afternoon knocking at doors that no one would bother to open. As I matter of fact, a group of JW where preaching in a Hasidic (Orthodox) Jewish neighborhood. Now, picture this again… a group of Spanish JWs, going door to door, on a SATURDAY morning “preaching” in Spanish…in an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood!? I mean…come on, where is the common sense? At least in my other JW sighting they were coming out of a restaurant.

What is the point of this post? To express how good it felt to have day of rest for me and my family.

Ok…I’m done with my reflection on a normal Saturday out of the shackles of a few men in Brooklyn.

Regards,

Onemore

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Feels good, doesn't it!

• Velour
    Velour

sweet =)

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Yeah it's nice. I must say though that now that I'm out I seem to keep running into witnesses everywhere. I don't know them but I know they are witnesses cause they're just out there preching w/their briefcases and their bookbags and their literature. seems i can't get away from them. but yes it is very nice to just wake up and not have to think about boringly strolling down a street knocking on doors that won't open. or that will slam the moment they do.... i'm glad for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit