Repentance

by picosito 2 Replies latest jw friends

• picosito
    picosito

It used to amaze me when I was an elder on a Judicial Committee trying to find an attitude of repentance in the Wrongdoer and there never was any!!! So we elders figured maybe it was US, that we were not recognizing it, and were successful in squeezing out from the person something that faintly resembled repentance so we didn't have to give them the boot. Most of these were "good people" in the congregation, not visibly nasty ones that we could axe easily.

Now I know why the lack of repentance. Nobody gave a damn!!! Good riddance to the WTS and its "educational" program and thanks for this site!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I dont know what sort of commitees you sat on.. the ones that I had experience of, the miscreant had to go some to prove that they were repentant. I am sorry to say now.

No tears (females) No apology , out they went.
    What was the maxim?
    "IS he cut to the heart?"

• rekless
    rekless

Nobody gave a damn!!! Good riddance to the WTS and its "educational" program and thanks for this site!!!

i'm lost! what do you mean.

I think everybody cared...I just beleive that the ones that were caught were more intelligent than the elders or jc, They realized that the borg had flipped flopped on everything so many times that they decided to do what they wanted to do.

how many times can the borg change their position on what is right and what is wrong. Then those that was dfed for something years ago were never let back in under a retroactive ruling when the ruling changed.

Everybody cared just about different things.
    Most of us elders knew we were not appointed by holy spirit, we knew it was we kissed ass to a degree that the po suggested and sometimes twisted the others arms.

When the game was over we all went home, some slept, some didn't. I never voted for a dFing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit