National Sibling's Day?

by thedepressedsoul 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I'm not sure how many of you are aware but today is National Siblings day. What I find odd is that social media, FB, Instagram Etc... I see tons and tons of witnesses posting pictures of their siblings with the caption or hash tag, "National Siblings Day".

How is that any difference then Fathers Day, Mothers Day and so on? I see tons of people and many with "positions" in the congregation taking part in this. How can they explain to a study that they don't celebrate fathers and mothers day, yet will celibate national siblings day? Hypocrisy is everywhere! I can't take a day to honor my mother or father and yet I can honor my sibling?

Wikipedia has an origin or it being for Mrs. Evart when her brother and sister died. JW's are now honoring a holiday that someone died on? Aren't they told not to draw too much attention or honor the person over their death? It's even an official holiday! What happened to, "No part of this world"?

These are the same people that look down on all other individuals for celebrating holidays.

I think it shows and confirms one thing, JW will celebrate something any chance they are given until they are told it is "wrong" or "worldly". They jump on every occasion they get to celebrate things. International conventions and their delegates, Nation Siblings Day, The Memorial (Which every couple now takes a picture of themselves that day ready for the memorial with the hash-tag memorial), when someone gets baptized, pioneering x years etc... They will celebrate anything they get a chance to. You get to really see how badly they desire to celebrate something.

Even though they don't celebrate birthdays, I see a lot of witness parents posting pictures of their kids on their birthday that say, "My baby is X years old today!" Can they just celebrate holidays already! We all know they want to!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siblings_Day

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Yep. All my uber dub friends shared a pic of them with their sibling and the hashtag.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Well its a moot point since my super spiritual sibs are a little annoyed with me these days but it does smack of "traditions of men" doesnt it?
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Nobody cares. Unless the GB says it's bad, then all the dubs will wipe their social media accounts accordingly.

People are not allowed, and in many cases don't want, to have their own views.

• Parker45
    Parker45

I see a lot of witness parents posting pictures of their kids on their birthday that say, "My baby is X years old today!" Can they just celebrate holidays already! We all know they want to!

http://e-six-sigma.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit