Battle with the Devil...

by Snoozy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Anyone Watch it? Here is the full program on it...

I missed it but will watch it now. Are these people nuts or is there really such a thing as demons?

http://abc.go.com/watch/primetime-nightline-beyond-belief/SH55131205/VD55136065/battle-with-the-devil

Snoozy

• Girlie
    Girlie

I saw it. Interesting and entertaining.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Those people are as nuts as any pentacostal waving their jacket around yelling gibberish.

• d
    d

I think the devil represents the human primitive unconscious desires that are violent the devil to me does not exist that just crazy.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Really makes you wonder..lot of nuts running around..
    I remember going as a child with a friend to a Pentecostal church one time and it scared the jesus out of me!

If it is supposed to be inspired by God why would it scare you? Wouldn't /shouldn't it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? That's my kind of church!!!

Snoozy who automatically runs when someone says they "speak in tongues" or sees Demons..yep!

I fugure they are a nut job..

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

The idea of the devil doesn't even make sense. It's an ancient relic (like most of religion) to give people some abject invisible evil to be afraid of/unite against as a common enemy. Even if you do take the whole god and bible thing seriously the idea of some abjectly "evil" entity doesn't make sense. Even if their was some super intelligent spirit creature that was opposed to god's rule, why would he be some wierdly maniacal insane boogeyman? He would be more like the world's greatest lawyer/philosopher making a case. Not some boogeyman that enters people and makes them speak gibberish and flail about like a five year old throwing a tantrum. In an attempt to make a boogieman to scare people into being good, the theologians of old invented an infantile masochist that doesn't make a lick of sense on an psychological or just regular ol' logical level. The idea of devils and demons that haunt people like casper the unfriendly ghost is just silly. Society and civilization grew up but apparently Satan and his minions are stuck in the folklore of the 1300s.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wonder what I would do if when visiting someone a chair flew across the room?

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit