I don't know where to go here anymore...

by Quirky1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Although I still visit this site I have a hard time commenting on threads even though I want to. A lot of things have happened since I first frequented the site. I still try to peek in here and on Randy's site from time to time just to see if I'm missing anything. I have noticed many new faces on here that I'm not familiar with, which is a good thing, but I still see some of the old. When I do frequent the site I like to tease Snowbird a little with my "S" word.

I do hope this site is still as welcoming and supportive to the new ones as it was to me when I first visited. When I first came here I felt like an "apostate" but I needed to see. What I found here definitely confirmed my thoughts about the Watch Tower society. The information I found was overwhelming at first. Then I began to see that I wasn't the only one. There many on here who's worlds were crumbling before their very eyes. Their very lives that they knew was shattered, their dreams were gone. I just hope that those ones were strong enough to overcome and enjoy life again. Believe me, "It" does get better.

I still have an active JW family and in-laws but they do not keep me in the loop on the activity that surrounds them. I have, more or less, come to terms with their arrangement as they have mine. It's been 4 years since I last stepped into a KH. I have abandoned all of their teachings as well as my belief in a supreme being.

~ Quirky

• sabastious
    sabastious

It seems that we get new ones all the time and the site is still as welcoming as ever. New ones get met with open arms for the most part.

-Sab

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This place has a higher 'churn rate' than a Kingdom Hall, so it is always evolving.

There doesn't even seem to be any 'nasties' here doing any stirring at the moment. I hope that doesn't change next week. We almost lost our Granny Grace a couple of weeks ago, and had to resort to a bit of love bombing to get her back.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit