What is the best method for making a pdf version of a book?

by average joe 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• average joe
    average joe

What is the best method for making a pdf version of a book?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you can download programs that will save your documents as a pdf. In Microsoft word you can choose "save as pdf."

If you want a pdf version of a book, you have to have the entire book in one file, or make pdf versions of each chapter

tell us more about your book

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

I scan the pages first by selecting the page and then load them into finereader 9 to OCR it (it has a much better result than Adobe). and then I choose pdf as output file with text under image.

If it is a book of which you have more copies, cutting it open and scan page for page gives the best result. Otherwise you need to take care that the pages are as flat as possible to scanner. (I used to have a scanner that had 3d possibilities that made it possible to scan the text more to the middle of the book even when not completely flat. But that is not looking very good)

Also you can set bookmarks to open directly in a program like Acrobat Pro, If you added those that way people that are not so familiar with pdf can more easily go from one section to another.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

PDF Creator is a useful free program. I've used it for years.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

• dm6
    dm6

adobe cs5 indesign

• Caminante
    Caminante

I'd also go for Adobe InDesign (I've been using it since version 1.5; now I use CS5 [7.x]; some might like Quark XPress, MEPS Composition or other high-end industry-standard page layout software) because you have a very precise typographic control of the material. When reproducing printed material for an electronic version I also set the text using the same fonts as the original, if possible; if not, I use the closest matching font.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit