Intolerance Watchtower Style

by Marvin Shilmer 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Intolerance Watchtower Style

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog showing how Watchtower betrays its bigotry. As it turns out, Watchtower has published an illustration showing bigotry, and the illustrated behavior is precisely how Watchtower treats its own.

My article is titled Intolerance Watchtower Style and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/07/intolerance-watchtower-style.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Well done, Marvin. Bravo.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was taught never to start a sentence with "however." A minor detail I noted. You are preaching to the choir. I like your blog componnets that you post here. You simplify the concepts. The visual component is great. Intolerance has much to do with who holds the power. This not unique to the Witnesses. Sadly, few Witnesses come in touch with outside thought.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was taught never to start a sentence with "however." A minor detail I noted. You are preaching to the choir. I like your blog componnets that you post here. You simplify the concepts. The visual component is great. Intolerance has much to do with who holds the power. This not unique to the Witnesses. Sadly, few Witnesses come in touch with outside thought.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'm of the mind that prescriptive grammar rules are window dressing and what's important is whether or not the meaning is clear.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Good job Marvin! As always your work is greatly appreciated.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You draw some clear and simple parallels . . .

There are no mirrors in WT world.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Band on the Run writes:

“Intolerance has much to do with who holds the power.”

That’s true. The man on top has the power, which means he has more to lose. Unfortunately this often leads to abuse of power, and attempts to justify that abuse.

Watchtower knows its shunning policy is harsh so it justifies itself by comparing it to the ritual killing with stones. Problem is, the biblical presentation not one time has Christians stoning anyone as though such a notion was, to them, akin to the shunning they did practice. In fact it was Christians who experienced stoning, and I doubt those individuals would take kindly to Watchtower’s justification.

Marvin Shilmer

• designs
    designs

Christians wasted no time learning about gaining social and political power and the art of picking up Stones to kill opponents.

• shel54401
    shel54401

Excellent Post Marvin, The watch tower really spews out much "Junk" don't they? They are fast at Shunning people,even their own and it does so much damage to these people that are under their "spell" and who can no longer thing for themsleves. How sad. When I was involved w/ them for over 10 yrs. I admit being drawn in by the WT, however I had my gard up as wonderful friends of mine kept at me to get out of this dangerous cult..So many words of thiers stuck into myhead, so I never allowed the WT OR GB to take my mind nor my thoughts away.Please excsue me if I ramble on, i am a new comer and came from the JW"S topix.

BUT, I am ever so greatful for people as yourselves whom speak the truth about this cult,I always noticed at sunday meetings that people were like ROBOTS speaking and answering the questions of the WT, Most in which made NO SENSE, but people would sahke their heads in belief anyway, it was like they all were in some type of trance..Very ereee this was for me, I was not one to speak regularly UNTIL i started useing a different bible, that of corse stired eveyone up a bit, as the answers were NOT what the watch Towers was, but what the BIBLE was..People started shunning me also.

I knew from compareing bibles that the NWT was not indeed a bible at all, just a guide to jW's false teachings, so thats when I put Mine aside and began answering w/ my bibles..After awhile i was no longer called on.

But, Yes indeed the watch Tower is FULL of Lies and HATE for other religions and their scriptures that they quote about other religions NEVER seem to apply to them, how hypocrite is this? Thank-You for your artical, as this was very helpful Marvin..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit