Drama DC 2011

by inbetween 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my time as an elder, we would have given the lad our confidence without further investigation.. What did they have? an accusation brought by a worldly person that was strongly denied by the Witness kid, and his mum was going to raise a complaint with the school. A classic he said v she said -

No more to say , no action required unless further information comes up.

Of course that was applying Christian love, that "believes all things"...Things seemed to have changed today. What if they could not verify his story and the girl stuck to her guns ? Would they have taken judicial action? that is the only alternative..

There is a Youtube of the Drama here (it was performed at the appropriately named "Nutter Centre"

If you want to cut to the scene we are discussing, it is about 31 mins in...I did not see it through to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6hbQ0Cbgo

• undercover
    undercover

So the elders are now the congregation police. They're interrogating a suspect and then they're going to confirm the alibi.

Why do I think of this when I think of elders playing cops...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkaNisbzsLY

• minimus
    minimus

These dramas make a negative impression on many JWs. It can get a somewhat reasonable JW to actually THINK!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The subject came up with some friends last weekend, and I mentioned how I didn't like the way they portray the JW kids as being such trouble-makers and the parents as slackers. When one of the teenage girls in the group said that she liked it and thought it was realistic, I told her about the situation in a previous congregation where it had almost turned into a battlefield of false accusations among the kids. I asked her how she would feel if there was another "sister" in her class that reported her to the elders that she dressed slutty and talked dirty as school. She got the point, and so did her parents.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

What a load of poo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit