I am finding peace among the madness thank you very much!

by Evidently Apostate 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

a couple years ago i was watching my son progress to the point of baptism. it was then that my subconsious began making me see that people in the org will put the doctrine above anything especially if it allows them to remain mentally and physically lazy or saves them some money. the thought of my son in a robot like mentality truly awakened me and i couold see much of his motivation was from outside sources and not of his own initiative which caused me to put a stop to the process as he only had a last set of questions to go over before the plunge.

this caused quite a stir with the family including my wife who was opposed to anything that would stop her son from getting baptized, i told the elder conducting the questions that my son was not ready and he accepted that without asking questions. while this is going on i was researching the watchtower and reading CoC and went through the whole emotional spectrum from sad to disgusted to angry and back. it took a few months to realize the deception is so deep that most people around me will look at me as the problem and not the org, so other than my wife i told noone of my discoveries.

even though i have not been out in service for at least a year and have stopped attending meetings months ago i have began to feel a peace that is hard to explain. i feel like i have come to grips with the thought of my own mortality and it gives me a deeper appreciation for family and as i watch my extended jw family lose thier minds and attack the teenagers that are leaving one after another, one of them has been to a mental hospital because of the stress from her jw family and another who was kicked out of his mothers home for getting disfellowshipped for sex at 18 now lives with us . i cant help but feel justified for my stance . i know my children do not suffer the symptoms from conditional love, my son who now lives a pretty normal life with a group of worldly friends(omg!) my wifewho originally struggled with my change has seen a deeper apreciation for family in me and even though she remains a witness she struggles with her feelings because she sees the massive need for guilt and control in order to keep the youth going to the kingdom hall.

So i guess time will decide my fate. the elders want to meet with me for taking in my df'ed nephew and i have told them to stop bothering me. whatever the outcome i look toward the future eager to enjoy the simple things , a beard, a few cigars, and dare i say a tatoo. but most importantly my family, omg i am worldly now haha

thanks for reading

EA

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Evidently Apostate. I am glad that you awakened in time to save your children. You are not an apostate. JWs are the apostates for blindly following the WTBTS. I found this video on youtube that shows Raymond Franz speaking. It may give you some more peace.

http://youtube.com/v/6c6I0fjiYNU&feature=related

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

nice video bible student, i like hearing ray franz speak he's always very articulate and calm. his book has been a light for many of us.

• Gayle
    Gayle

thank you ABS,,for that clip,,have seen it before but appreciate hearing it again.

EA,,it is wonderful you put your family before the organization and have mostly freedom, at least personally. Amazing, your stand to help your nephew

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done you...you actually acted upon your conscience against all the odds against you in the WTBS and kept your son safe. And now you're helping a youngster who's been rejected. I hope others learn from your fine example.

Loz x

• Gayle
    Gayle

"Peace in the Madness" - sounds a good book title,,you need to write a book on that some day!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

but most importantly my family, omg i am worldly now haha

It's so sad that this makes you "worldly" in the JW sense, a bad thing. But it's a great thing and I'm glad you're here. We live in a really really big tent now!

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit