We have a new Spiritual Barometer

by watson 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watson
    watson

The "friends" have a new Barometer by which we can judge each other's level of Spirituality.

Yes, the use of Facebook.

Have you edited your friends list yet?

I think if we look closely at our theocratic Facebook Friend's comments, photos, and social events, we will be able to judge whether or not they are good association.

The big plus here is that we will be able to see just how Theocratic they are for comparison purposes.

A lot of "read between the lines" comments made at the latest District Convention has the "friends" in a real tizzy. Although a little disturbing, fun to watch.

Watson

• undercover
    undercover

One JW sent me a 'friend' request. I was traveling and saw it on the mobile app but figured I'd wait until I got home before accepting it. I checked out their wall and info page and saw they were pretty hardcore dub. But when I got home the request was gone. Rescinded before I could accept. I guess they didn't like my wall/info that is obviously not in line with JW standards.

Another dub sent me a friend request out of the blue. Someone I had not seen in years and years. I accepted and checked out their wall/info. They seemed pretty average JWs, not wearing it on their sleeves but not really hiding it. During the last week or so, during the convention weeks, they 'unfriended' me.

Another JW that I don't know that well but who friended me, put me on their JW only group list. I thought it would be a hoot to be a fly on the wall as they carried on with their spiritual converations and such. But, no.... no one ever talks JW stuff. It's a dead group.

Another dub checks in at all the assemblies and conventions and 'tags' all their JW FB friends. I've noticed that some go back and 'untag' themselves. "Hell, no! Don't let my normal FB friends know that I'm at a JW convention! How embarrassing!"

• watson
    watson

It's another "Let my conscience be Your guide" thing, brought to you by your brothers at Bethel.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Wow...that is completely NOT surprising. Yet another attempt at controlling every little thing we do and helping us to judge others at the same time.

Jeez. Glad I don't have Facebook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit