Do humans like confrontation?

by TimothyT 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I was just thinking about this very question.

I now havnt been to meetings for a long time and I have received no calls since telling the elders to leave me alone 3 weeks ago.

The past 3 weeks have been a lovely, peaceful, enjoyable, stress-free 3 weeks - NO doubts there!

But why is it that I can feel a part of me that wants them to call me?

Why do i feel that I want someone to stir something up so i can tell them to get lost?

In many ways, i think im passed the JW's now. I dont consider myself one anymore, but why do i feel this?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Timmy xxx

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hi Timothy--I think I can relate. I've written a DA letter that I haven't sent. I fascillate between just waiting to get busted for something and getting DF's (I wouldn't attend a JC), writing a letter and telling them exactly why I made my decision, and writing one sentence and sending it off.

I don't know why though. Do I want them to understand me? That seems silly, we know the cult mind will kick in and they will view me as they were told. Do I want to kick them? That's silly too because they are only doing exactly as I expect them to do and as they were indoctrinated to do.

I'll probably end up just sitting here and living my life and let them be the ones that get all bothered and shocked. That's the part of me that says I don't play by their rules anymore and if they want to get all out of sorts let them.

NC

• Lore
    Lore

You want confirmation you've done the right thing.

When they call you, you'll probably ask them some logical question about their religion, they'll be stumped and thus you'll feel better about your decision.

I'm sure you've run the imaginary conversation through your head a hundred different ways, thinking: "and if they say X I'll ask them Y" that way when they call you'll be prepared and will be able to watch them struggle to keep up with your intellect.

You want to test your ideas against theirs to make sure yours come out on top.

Yeah it's pretty self-centered but we all do it. (I think we all do it anyway, maybe it's just me.)

• TDaze
    TDaze

Lore nailed it.

It's a bit of revenge and a bit of anger for what they did to us. They have ruled over us all this time - now it's get the power back, show them that we do not acknowledge their majesty. Our mind is a territory and by doing this we're marking it.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

The Governing body and their minions are out of touch twats, and deserved to be tried in a criminal court, but they never will, causing so much damage to innocent and vulnerable people!

I wish that someday, someone will bring the tower down!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit