"I just don't like being lied to"

by stuckinarut2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So I dropped this comment to someone from "my" congregation.....

"I just don't like being lied to"...

This was in response to their attempt to become my 'BFF' (I'm sarcastically using the expression 'best friends forever' here)

I ran into them in the street. They started chatting all about the cong gossip, teachings, upcoming witness events etc.... I was just quiet and not really contributing to the conversation.

When she asked "so what's new with you? How do you like the latest series of magazines etc" I used that reply as above...

To say there was stunned silence is an understatement.... I honestly don't know if she knew how to take it....

So I just smiled and said "it was nice chatting...have a good day...bye" and walked off...

I wonder what will happen in the days or weeks to come??

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Such a good line. I've used that with my wife (though that's gone a bit differently haha). It's great because it's expressing a feeling that no one can argue with and only indirectly makes an accusation. I'm sure you'll get some more conversations with your new BFFs though!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Well she'll definitely be gossiping about you! She's got a juicy story to tell. First person! It's hard to say if you will hear anything back about it. I don't know how long it's been since you have been to meetings etc. the longer away, the better, for this just disappearing.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I expect a visit from my BFF elders....

I will just play dumb and perplexed by whatever they say.....

• Garrett
    Garrett

One word...EPIC. Very nicely done.

As you already know, be ready for follow up and show 'em who's boss!

• mana11
    mana11
    10/10
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Neither confirm nor deny anything to the wolves - but thank them for their visit.

(Clear, BFF must have picked up the wrong meaning from what you said!! :) )

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

No one LIKES being lied to. It's amazing how many of us will accept it though even though we do not like it.

This issue is by far MY biggest with the WTS. To call something the TRUTH and then to promote 'Lying for the Truth' just boggles the mind. And that people will blindly accept such a thing and go door to door promoting it is beyond mind boggling.

just mho

• kairos
    kairos

Make sure you are up on Matt 18 when your buddies call.

You are moving in the right direction. I can feel it!!

It amazing, because if push comes to shove, you spoke the truth.
    The magazines ARE full of lies. The evidence is mountainous.

Of course they won't look at that, now will they?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    of course, I don't mean any disrespect to former/current JWs, just witnessing to the truth of what this CULT has driven people to do [or maybe not do]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit