News article with a hilarious statement

by yourmomma 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

http://www.alligator.org/news/campus/article_f2b5f5a6-a6b9-11e0-afd2-001cc4c002e0.html

Is this writer a JW trying to lie to make his religion sound better, or did someone outright lie to this man.

The statement is as follows:

"There is no clergy for Jehovah's Witnesses, which allows for different viewpoints at meetings."

LOL! Yeah right!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Clickable

link

• ziddina
    ziddina

That's the cult's cognitive dissonance kicking in, again...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

"There is no clergy for Jehovah's Witnesses, which allows for different viewpoints at meetings."

Different supporting viewpoints of the company line, lol.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Oh yeah I will not comment on the fact the writers name is boogar.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooohhhh, as one of the commentors said, that article is a major Watchtower PR puff piece!!

Sounds like the other 500+ announcements for JW assemblies over the last 40 years...

The hosting city must be careful not to step on the Watchtower toes, or the Gov.Bod boys will take their revenue-generating assemblies elsewhere...

• clarity
    clarity

But what is the biggest difference between Jehovah's Witness and other religions, at least to McFadden?

"It's the truth," he said.

....pretty hard to stomach that !

• Velour
    Velour

The religious group also believes that 144,000 people will go to heaven, and the rest of humankind will live on Earth under the previously mentioned government.

They skip the part that says billions of people die at Armaggedon AND THEN the left overs live on the Earth petting baby pandas for ever and ever and ever. Just endless petting. For all of eternity.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was trying to think of an itty bitty "differing viewpoint" that I could say was the level of difference ......but I could not think of one !

Of course the dubs do have differences , but they had better keep it to themselves or be "counselled"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit