Angels directing the preaching?

by amicus 2 Replies latest jw friends

• amicus
    amicus

I had an interesting experience the other day.
    I have been inactive for a long time and have recently begun to look closer at what I had come to believe was the "truth". I have been busy reading and researching various related topics (some of my reading has included the interesting posts at this excellent site) and was starting to think that I have been misled by the WTBTS. Friday night I earnestly prayed to Jehovah to help me to have an open mind and to be objective in my analysis. Immediately after my prayer I thought of an experience a very scholarly and very dear elderly brother once related. I thought it odd that this experience came to mind, I hadn't thought about it for quite some time, but decided to "ride that wave" and in my mind, I remembered him telling his story. He had been reading the bible on his own for some time and found it very difficult to understand. He had reached one of the more difficult books (I don't remember which- I believe it was Ezek. or Rev.) when one evening, frustrated, he stood up threw his bible across the room and shouted "If this is really Your Word, why can't I understand it!" (he never mentioned what his wife thought about his outburst, btw).
    Well, the next morning two witnesses came to his door and he decided to take out his frustration on them. To his surprise though, they explained to him what he had been reading. He and his wife started studying and the rest is history.
    Well, Saturday morning came I was doing some chores outside when I thought of another scriptural topic and decided to write it down. While sitting at my computer typing, someone knocked on my door. Much to my surprise, I saw two clean cut men wearing ties with bibles in hand. I, of course, immediately thought of this elderly bros. story. Thinking, "man, this is just too wierd!" (it's been a long time since JW's have come to my door). Guess what though.... they were Baptists! We had a long, pleasant discussion during which they often referred to and read scriptures. They eventually left after inviting me to their Sunday services and giving me another web site to browse.
    No, I didn't go to their services on Sunday but I do find myself wondering "What if I had been contacted by them rather than the witnesses so many years ago? Would I have become a devout Baptist instead?"

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Keep that open mind Amicus, it so very important.
    TW

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Now, let's carry this to its logical conclusion (well, MY logic in any event). You became a Witness and thereafter an inactive Witness so that you would begin researching and find this site so that we could all enjoy one another's company. Long, circuitous road, I know.....but God works in mysterious ways (either that or I'm very tired and I'm getting absolutely ridiculous here).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit