Taking back re-defined words

by onefootout 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onefootout
    onefootout

I was trying to think of all the words that WTS re-defines to mold the thinking of anyone who will listen.

Truth, or The Truth.

I am going to try to use the word 'truth' in conversation in it's proper context, describing things that are actual truisms to try to get people to view the word not as describing the religion they belong to, but to things that are actually true. Emphasize that actual truisms never change.

Generation.

This one takes some sublty because it has been latched onto by us doubters and could raise the forcefields. Example: So many of the people our parents or grandparents age of the 'Greatest Generation' that experienced WW2 have died. Or point out that the last veteran of WW1 died recently, and 'that generation is gone now'.

I know there are lots of other words in this same vein. Can you guys and gals come up with some more JW re-defined words and how we can casually use them in conversation to feed and heighten the cognitive dissonance, described as the difference between what you are seeing or hearing and what you know to be true somewhere in your brain. (simplistic definition).

The more parity in the dissonance the more the person is to an epiphany.

onefootout

• Velour
    Velour

The world

and

worldly persons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit