Office Space - My answer to all things JW

by lepermessiah 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

So....

I bumped into an old JW aquaintance who actually asked me if I enjoyed the assembly.

When I said I did not attend - they asked me why I missed it.....

I said "Well, I can't say I missed it, Bob!" (knowing he had seen the movie Office Space - when it was R RATED!!)

He just looked at me dumbfounded and changed the subject......haha..

I'm waiting for an old elder to come by and tell me that they miss me at the meeting..........

I love their "fishing" approach! "So, what about that WT Sunday?" - knowing you werent there and had no intention of being there.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

It's the best way to deal with them. Be brutally honest.

"Oh that.. yeah I don't really believe in fairytales anymore."

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Lumburg reminds me of quite a few elders and even some occasional ministerial servants.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yeah love, love, love Office Space. Someone put up a pretty good thread on how faders should just take the "Peter" approach to work when it comes to going to meetings...

Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like 98 instead of 1998? Uh... so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh... I don't like my job, and, uh... I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
    Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
    Joanna: Won't you get fired?
    Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
    Peter Gibbons: Nah-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.Joanna: When did you decide all that?
    Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Thanks Lost,

I found this old gem:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183169/1/Youve-been-missing-a-lot-of-meetings-brother-Fader

"I was told I could listen to Kingdom Melodies at a reasonable volume"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit