Dont you guys just love how the mainstream media still refers to the kingdom hall as a chruch anways ;)

by Joliette 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

....whenever I hear a news story about JW's, and when the news reporter refers to a kingdom hall as a chruch...TOO FUNNY!!!

I cant post any videos in google chorm, I'll have to post some in internet explorer.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I always refer to it as church now too :)

• Joliette
    Joliette

I wish I could post all of the news stories that I read and heard on the TV.

...I HATE it when the J-dubs correct people when people who arent in it calls in a chruch. Thats what it is: A CHRUCH!

And their a chruch when it comes to getting their tax exemptions.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I still call it a church and always have, since I started attending. Any time a JW confronts me on it, I tell them to get a dictionary. I'm not exactly sure why a Kingdom Hall isn't a church, even in their delusional minds. Any Mormon temple is a church, any mosque, any cathedral, any chapel, etc.

church:

• a building for public and especially Christian worship
    • a body or organization of religious believers

This falls into the subject of JW jargon. Most cults have their own dialect; control language and you control thought, a la 1984. Have people constantly on the defense and apologizing and you can whip the will out of them and make them into robots. This is thought-stopping behavior to muddy the waters with specious and tedious details; a method to control the conversation by force.

I love when JWs who don't know me come to my door (I don't live in my territory). I refer to them and the building as "church" many times in conversation. It drives them crazy and a couple times one has corrected me only to be bulldozed by the other. Since I know what's going on, I realize one has jumped the gun with the cult crap and the other is trying to stop them from sabotaging a potential convert by letting the cult cat out of the bag too soon.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

WontLeave: Just tell them that using jargon makes them look like a cult and that's why you don't use it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I also love how they call them Jehovah Witnesses. I will ask them when they come into my workplace, "Are you Jehovah Witness?"

• dm6
    dm6

the next time a jehovah witness knocks on my door ill invite them in for a coffee then tie them up and beat them unconsious.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I know, it's crazy. Don't they know that a church is for praying? How could you get that confused with a Kingdom Hall.

dc

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

When I relay what I did over the weekend, I'll say I went to church. It's stupid to get into all the peculiarities on whether its a kingdom hall or a church. People don't give a f#$ one way or the other. To correct nonJWs over calling it a church is some more of that Rutherford foolishness that should have went the way of the dodo along with everything that old man initiated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit