What would you hope a "Bible Study" would ask your JW relatives?

by Resistance is Futile 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I’m in the middle of a Bible Watchtower Publication study with one of my relatives. I’ve never been a JW. He was born into the Cult. If someone was playing the role of an “interested” study with one of your JW relatives, what questions or issues would you hope they bring up to help wake them from their slumber? I don’t expect miracles from this encounter with my JW relative, so please leave any negativity out of this thread. I’m fully aware of the futility of trying to slowly help a JW come to the realization that they were born into a doomsday cult. I casually brought up the old light which is still in their “Bible Teach” book about the generation of 1914, and he immediately got uncomfortable and tried to change the subject. I plan on bringing up the “Mediator” issue with him, we’ll see how well that goes over. I already know that he believes that Jesus is his Mediator. So any suggestions on questions to ask? My relative has young children, so if I can play even a small part in preventing another “generation” from being sucked into the Watchtower Cult I will feel as though the time I spent on this study was more than worth it.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I would relay to the JW conducting that while watching a program on the History Channel over the weekend, it was mentioned briefly that Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians in 587 BC, is that true?

Another option would be to focus on the parable of the Faithful & Discreet Slave, why would it be prophetic in nature when it's well known that Jesus taught by illustrations? Maybe before preceding into that questioning, you could pose the question about whether or not JWs believe only they will attain salvation.

One last question would be, why are the other sheep throught to be those with an earthly hope, as opposed to being the Gentiles like everybody else teaches and is in harmony with common sense? Why the convoluted reasoning to come to another conclusion which makes absolutely zilch sense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit