2011 District Convention "Let Us Be Bored and Confused Into Obedience"

by ranmac 89 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@ranmac. Sorry you had to suffer the reinforcement/indoctrination/boasting/kill all 'apostates' sessions.

Personally I'd spend the money I would have spent on travel & hotels on Lottery tickets. Much more fun and beneficial if you win more than you speculated.

• chickpea
    chickpea

talk about taking one for the team, eh?

mate, dont do it again if you are so
    affected that you turn to extrinsic
    methods to cope... ie pharma use

if you truly have to medicate to be there
    DO NOT BE THERE!! it isnt worth it!

hope your head and ass have both recovered!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

2011 Discrap Crapvention "The Last One for Billy"

• godrulz
    godrulz

still thinking: you are still confusing modalism and trinitarianism, a modalistic error. God can use Satan and evil for judgment purposes (Job testing not initiated by God but allowed by Him), but they are on a leash. He does not cause nor desire evil.

• still thinking
    still thinking

If god allowed the testing of his faithful servant Job in such a way...he needs to keep Satan on a much shorter leash. If this is how he treats the ones who love him...there is no hope for anyone.

This behaviour is just one on the many behaviours that is convincing me that YHWH is not our loving father. A loving father, although reprimanding his children for their errors to correct their behaviour, does not allow his child to be punished so severely to prove a point to someone else. He would not kill his grandchildren and expose his loving child to disease...he would see that his child is loving and protect him.

So satan acuses him of only being loved because he gives his child everything he desires....you would think that God (YHWH) would have a better response than to allow torture of the one who loves him just to prove a point. This is NOT the behaviour of a loving, caring god who does not have an ego to stroke.

• ranmac
    ranmac

Interesting detour my topic strayed to. Anyways.

Alfred- the speaker didnt explain the reasoning, behind anything really. It was more of a "we are awesome and everyone else sucks" talk based solely on the biased, weak examples of how the preaching work, only done by witnesses, is the only way to help humanity . It was quite desperate actually. The supreme importance of the preaching work was very stressed and everything else is in vain. He divided the entire world in two categories- Us and the Clergy. Very indepth.

Mary- Red wine would have been great but the wine stains on my lips wouldve drawn attention to myself. I should've brought vodka.

I know it would've been better to skip it all together but sadly my wife is still in the religion, mostly emotionally, and I did not want to leave her alone to have to explain to her family and hundreds of others why her husband wasnt with her.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I know it would've been better to skip it all together but sadly my wife is still in the religion, mostly emotionally, and I did not want to leave her alone to have to explain to her family and hundreds of others why her husband wasnt with her.

I think that was kind....and wise of you ranmac. (ps...sorry for the detour)

• ranmac
    ranmac

thanks

• Intel
    Intel

Well, my family is now at the ASS...embly.....

.....I skipped for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a f%$# relieve.....and yet they will come on Monday trying to desperately save my apostate ass....

.....No regrets. Breathing freedom.....sweet, sweet freedom.....I will remind myself DAILY for the rest of my life how valuable and precious freedom is! Freedom of Thought, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Choice.......those are my "Ferraris" and "Mansions"!!!

I wish you the same and even more my friend.

• Mary
    Mary

Hey ranmac, what day do they drone on about the 'overlapping generation'? I was thinking of going so I could tape it and then upload it for everyone on here to see and I don't want to have to sit through more of the ASSembly then what I have to.....

And ya you're right: vodka is probably a better idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit