Fireworks (In Phoenix)

by darthfader 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• darthfader
    darthfader

Interestingly enough, fireworks are for sale in our metro area. The state no longer bans their sale. BUT!!.... a lot of the cities do. I find it pretty odd that you can purchase something within the Peoria (a city adjacent to mine) city limits, yet it's illegal to use it there... I live in Glendale, and they have yet to make any "ruling" on their use, so for the time being I'm a pyromainac...

I remember being a little kid (before my parents got the Truth TM ) in Los Angeles, my dad would purchase a box of fireworks for one of those stands and would spend the 4th with pretty fountains and spinny things... After my parents got "cultified" those were strictly forbidden. A few years later, I remember taking my allowance and buying a couple little fountains and some snakes. My dad found them and gave them a proper soaking in water and tossed them. It was pretty hard having all the fun of holidays right up until you are 6 years old and then having it all "taken away" (end rant)...

I hope you all have or had a wonderful July 4th.

Cheers!

• TD
    TD
    so for the time being I'm a pyromainac...

I'm so with you on that. My (JW) wife is having a ball tonight too.

• jeckle
    jeckle

hey darth i live in phx central and bell

• darthfader
    darthfader

Yeah, it's fun and pretty harmless as long as you are "safe and sane"... With the wind tonight, we had to move out of the way of the smoke and sparks... and pay special attention that they don't blow into anyone's yard.

Im thinking about attending one of the upcomming meetups here. I think Mrs. Darth and I are almost ready to move on with that chapter.

cheers all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit