how do I save my favorites?

by hungry4life 3 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I am switching computers and my old one has all my sites saved on "Favorites". Is their some way that I can save these addresses on to a disc so it will be easy to transfer them to my new computer?Is their a way to save your internet history on a disc?

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Oh that's easy. Just go to your "program files" from "Start". Then find your "windows explorer" and open that up. Go to your "Windows" folder, then scroll down for your "Favorites". When you find them, just highlight it and do a "right click" with your mouse button and then "copy". Paste on to a floppy disk on drive A or a zip disk.

Hope that helps!

Cynthia
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/exjehovahwitnessescalifornia

• butalbee
    butalbee

Yes, do you have a CD-burner on your old computer?? You can transfer anything from your old computer with a CD-RW drive. If you don't you could use a floppy disk, just right click on your favorite web sites and send to floppy.

I don't think you really want to save your internet history, all it does it take up memory, create cookies, temp folders, etc, actually I delete history and cookies from my computer everyday I think.

It's late, I'm tired, and can't think anymore. Goodnight.
    Lara

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

To Brymichmom and Butalbee: Great I got it! Thank you so much for all your help. I don't have a burner on this computer but the new one does. Lara thanks for the tip on the temp files too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit