Disfellowshipped a threat?

by truthseeker1969 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

SOoooooooooooooooooooo would i be right in assuming that the sitting at the back of the hall, no contact, no answering mean that the spirituality of the congregation is not that strong?

To me it would seem that Elders are scared that a disfellowshipped person is more strong in reasoning and knowledge than the rank and file of the congregation.

I wonder how many Elders are "infected" by the disfellowshipped person but are so caught up in being an under lord they just carry on? I wonder how many within the congreation are sick of Elders throwing people out for free thinking?

Are the disfellowshipped people more sane and less of a threat than those in the congregation?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Those d/f'd for free thinking are certainly more sane than the rest of the "sheep" (shades of Winston Smith).

Less of a threat? it depends how you are meaning it... They pose a threat to the autocratic power structure of "The Society" - that is why they are silenced by being gagged

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's strictly PUNISHMENT.

• Danyellecrafts
  • Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Danyelle.

Keep trying to post.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I get stronger every day I'm out of the borg. I no longer have that down cast look as others still in pass by. I talk to them all. It's ironic; now they have the down cast look. I just got out of my pool with my wife on a sunny NY day. Everyone else is sitting in a district assembly in Rochester, NY. Too bad. I'll be thinking of them as the wife & I take a ride on the Harley this afternoon. If your reading this & your in Circuit 7A/B; enjoy your afternoon at the assembly. I'll have a bloody mary for you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's all about control. Not only about punishing the "wicked", but also about threatening and controlling the "obedient" sheeples. The new "Shepherd the Flock" book, p. 60, says that "willful, continued, unnecessary association with disfellowshipped nonrelatives despite repeated counsel," is in the category of "brazen conduct, insolent, contemptuous attitude." That bullet point is immediately followed on the next page with the truly indecent, and criminal activities of child sexual abuse. WT Corporation puts talking with the DFd in the same category of wrongdoing as child sexual abuse. This is a truly SICK attitude that is part of Watchtower culture.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

What is all the more remarkable, Billy, is that either people can't see that attitude or they choose to live with it out of fear they'll be DFed and shunned by their friends and family. The average Jehovah's Witness is blind or blindly obedient.

Yes, a disfellowshipped person is a threat to the congregation, if he was disfellowshipped because he was thinking for himself. He will know that thinking for oneself is liberating. It is the feeling of freedom. And he will want to help others think for themselves as well. The DFed one will invariably cause others to question, and that could break the spell for them, too. If the Watchtower was ever to abandon its shunning policy it would lead to its undermining. That is why as a policy, as heartless and evil as it is, it will remain in force without question.

• satinka
    satinka

Disfellowshipping is meant to break your spirit. Your independent spirit... your ability to think for yourself.

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit