I am a JWN apostate, I have been removed from here.

by pedal power 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pedal power
  • flipper
    flipper

You've been removed from where ? If you are a JWN apostate you are usually welcomed here at this site ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• pedal power
    pedal power

Though I am not complaning, I deserved to be removed. Bad language, bad attitude, agggressive , when it was not called for, full of angst, hatred. You name it , that was me, I have had to post under various names, THE MAX, PRISONER No 6, and now finally pedal power. I just wish there had been a Section, possibly entilted, Quarantine, where newbies can mouth off for a month or two, Why, because I found out at the tender age of 48, i had been mislead, and I was angry, REALLY ANGRY , and I was not able to demonstrate the balance and judjment nessesary, to post here.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It takes time. A bit of a cliche I know, but true enough. A bit of anger can be good, but try not to wallow in it for too long as that will be damaging to you and anyone you care about. Channel it and use it as a tool to move on.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    because I found out at the tender age of 48, i had been mislead, and I was angry, REALLY ANGRY , and I was not able to demonstrate the balance and judjment nessesary, to post here.

We understand. It's DEVASTATING to learn that 'The Truth' isn't true. Hang in there.

• flipper
    flipper

PEDAL POWER- Oh, I see. Now I understand. Well, you're not alone my friend. Many of us have anger as well towards the WT society but we need to learn how to funnel our anger constructively to get results or at least channel it into helping others other than just venting like a volcano. It's not easy, I hear you. Hang in there my friend. If you are finding your anger is affecting your happiness or function of daily living, perhaps some counseling might help with a professional. Many of us here have had to do that. It really does help. Take care

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You need a jolly good spanking, pedal power

Now behave yourself

Chris

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Actually, the definition of apostate is:

Apostasy ( / ? ' p ? s t ? s i / ; Greek: ?ποστασ?α (apostasia), a defection or revolt, from ?π?, apo, "away, apart", στ?σις, stasis, "stand", "standing") is the formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person. One who commits apostasy apostatises and is an apostate. These terms have a pejorative implication in everyday use. The term is used by sociologists to mean renunciation and criticism of, or opposition to, a person's former religion, in a technical sense and without pejorative connotation. The term is sometimes also used by extension to refer to renunciation of a non-religious belief or cause, such as a political party, brain trust, or, facetiously, a sports team.

Being removed would relate to the actions of others - apostates remove themselves from an organization. Although you might be correct in stating that the anger that you displayed 'as an apostate of 'another group' was responsible for your removal here - you have not apostasized from JWN, as is evidenced by your continual desire to return.

Jeff

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Boy this strikes a cord with me as well. All I can say is don't waste a minute more, you've lost a lot of time, as did I. I hope you come to terms with it and keep seeking knowledge of everything. But, remember that "knowledge 'can' puff up but love builds up." The study of real history and spirituality is worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit