According to Prince: It is fun being in Islamic Countries!!!

by JustHuman14 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/23/prince-islamic-countries-fun

Prince'

I was a loving tyrant' ... Prince

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian's Film&Music, Prince said: "It's fun being in Islamic countries, to know there's only one religion. There's order. You wear a burqa. There's no choice. People are happy with that." When asked about the fate of those unhappy with having no choice, he replied: "There are people who are unhappy with everything. There's a dark side to everything."

Prince embraced religion in 2001, when he became a Jehovah's Witness. "I was anti-authoritarian but at the same time I was a loving tyrant," he told the Guardian. "You can't be both. I had to learn what authority was. That's what the Bible teaches. The Bible is a study guide for social interaction.

"If I go to a place where I don't feel stressed and there's no car alarms and airplanes overhead, then you understand what noise pollution is. Noise is a society that has no God, that has no glue. We can't do what we want to do all the time. If you don't have boundaries, what then?"

Prince's views on the internet, however, have not changed. He has long been a vociferous critic of those who feel they have the right to post his music or even his image online - in 2007 his lawyers instructed fansitesto remove all photographs and images related to his likeness. He told the Guardian: "I'm supposed to go to the White House to talk about copyright protection. It's like the gold rush out there. Or a carjacking. There's no boundaries." Because of the problem with piracy, he said, he has no plans to record another album.

His unease about the web is not just a matter of legality for him, however, but one of aesthetics. "I personally can't stand digital music," he said. "You're getting sound in bits. It affects a different place in your brain. When you play it back, you can't feel anything. We're analogue people, not digital."

Despite the effects of the internet on his album sales, Prince remains one of pop's biggest stars. In 2007 he played 21 nights at the 20,000-capacity O2 arena in London, selling out all of them and £13.7m. He criticised the organisers of this weekend's Glastonbury festival, claiming the annual rumours that he is to play the festival are just an attempt to sell tickets on the back of his stardom. "They use my name to sell the festival," he said. "It's illegal. I've never spoken to anyone about doing that concert, ever.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Completely BRAINWASHED by the WT ..perhaps it is good to ask the women in Islam how do they feel when they get married from 9 years old, a guy in the mid 30's because her father promised her...or perhaps they should ask all those women who are stoned to death because they violated some stupid law made by some misogynists nomads, or because someone raped them and since they didn't scream loud enough, so they are charged with prostitution!!!

Give us a break Prince...I didn't expect less from a guy who follows blindly WT...both are fanatic fundamentalists any how

• jay88
    jay88

Imaging Prince carrying a mic in the KH?

From One extreme to another.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Only one country I know of that requires women to cover. And they don't require burkas or chadri's, actually. They just require a woman to be covered from neck to feet. I've been to Mecca (Saudi Arabia) and I didn't wear a burka, just a loose-ish long sleeve shirt and long skirt. My waist, (ah, when I had one!) was evident. I covered my hair with a simple scarf. I was not harrassed in any way.

Some areas have customs requiring it, and in places where extremists are in control (terrorists) it is required for safety, but I am not aware of anywhere where a 'burka" is required by any official law. To say that it is required by custom is sometimes true-but there is usually a bigger explanation than simplistic comments such as Princes' .

BTW, it is just as much "required" by custom that men wear long tunics or gowns, even (kameez or thobes) to protect THEIR modesty. Folks usually miss that when they start going off on women's customary clothing. When a man wears western clothes, they go down a few notches in respect among many Muslims. Some try, like their wives, to reach a compromise acceptable to modesty and the western standards for business wear.

Prince's clothes would be considered pretty raunchy in that part of the world.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reason Prince got involved with the JWS is because he's an idiot.

Mind you the way he looks these days one could speculate that he's not involved with the JW anymore.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

it is just as much "required" by custom that men wear long tunics or gowns, even (kameez or thobes) to protect THEIR modesty - yes, I've noticed more than a few muslim men wearing a kind of gown where I live. Looks a bit gay to me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Prince: It is fun being in Islamic Countries - ridiculous comment from a pampered pop star. Celebrities often mindlessly enthuse over third world countries - I've read about Muhammad Ali saying how wonderful Zaire was (!), before he fought George Foreman.

What's stopping Prince from leaving America (the Great Satan) and moving to an Islamic country?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit