Anyone tried the E-Cigarette Yet?

by prophecor 5 Replies latest social physical

• prophecor
    prophecor

As a way of having your cake and eating it, too? The marvel of modern technology and all...Do they work for you? Not designed to get you off nicotine so much, but as a means of a less deadly delivery system. Or is it a lot of hocus, poke-us?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One of my chain-smoking co-workers switched to e-cigarettes about 24 months ago. He's been tobacco-free the entire time. He's still addicted to nicotine, but he's using fewer milligrams per day. The tobacco is most harmful part of the equation.

• RHodge6685
    RHodge6685

Yes, I used it to stop smoking over a year ago, and it made it so much easier! I had tried using herbal cigs before that, and those were like smoking air, and messy. Not sure how to explain it very well, but the ecig feels like you're actually getting a "hit" in your throat. So it imitates smoking much more realistically. I eventually quit using mine and no longer smoke at all. My husband still "vapes" with his ecig twice a day, though. There is no yukky smell to them, and they are a safer alternative to actual cigarettes. Maybe not as safe as not using nicotine at all, but better. I would definitely recommend trying them vs. smoking.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I was wondering about these. I wonder if a JC would still df you for these. I recently started smoking again and am trying to kick the habit.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I tried them for about six months, then last spring I found I was getting a wheezy chest, as if I had ashma or something, now I dont know if I had some sort of a cold, or wiether it was those e-cigs, so I stopped using them to see if the wheezy chest went away, which it did.

When I told somebody at work, they said that the wheezy chest was a noted side effect.

Now there are two types of oils that you can get, the not so common one is vegetable based so might be better for the chest, I havnt tried it but might do.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes they worked for me.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit