my first visit in 7 years

by bigmac 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

for the first time in 7 years--i had a call last tuesday morning--hooray!!

i was about to leave the house with my wife--when i saw the blurred outline of someone approaching my front porch.

i opened the inner obscure door--to see a young woman with a pram stood there--&--a young man with her was talking to my neighbour over the fence,---showing him a magazine.

i closed the inner door to--& told my wife we had visitors---when i reopened the door--the couple were walking away down the path!

so i STILL havent had the chance to do any anti-witnessing---dohhhh.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Your time will come BigMac...patience is a virtue! Hahahah

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

7 years? Do they know you're an exjw and been avoiding you?

• bigmac
    bigmac

ive no idea--if so--why come to my house?

could it be the giant image of the devil hanging from the sky above?

there is an elderly lady-jw living in the apartments next to my house--they seem to meet up there on tuesday mornings to go out door-knocking.

i often see groups of them in the street outside--easy to tell---women in long drab skirts--men in suits--all walking very slowly from one house to another---untill they find a not at home----time for a long conversation on the doorstep.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I don't think the length of time that has passed since a visit is unusual...I have been out now for 15 years, and I have never once had someone call at my door. I don't think that I was be marked as a DF'ed one, especially since I moved to a new location 100 miles away from my previous congregation right after I was DF'ed. I don't know if that is typical or I am just in an area with poor JW activity, but if people's lives in my area depend on hearing the message, they are toast!

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I see the JW's working my nieghborhood every couple months. Fortunately we are rarely home ! My husband got to talk to them once and told them " my wife used to be married to a JW and he beat her and did drugs - thats why I will never join your org."

I love my husband.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

suprised they're not preaching in the Synagogues and Churches yet. They want to reach everyone right? LOL

• Terry
    Terry

I'm always (without exception) greatly saddened by the appearance (rare as it is) of JW's in the door to door work.

I've had few conversations. I always reveal I'm an Ex. Only bewilderment follows. They are clearly out of their element.

It is awkward.

Mostly just sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit