Tsarnaev guilty - should he get death or not?

by Simon 49 Replies latest social current

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Unless he waives his appeal rights locking him up is cheaper than killing him (prison is cheap, lawyers cost hundreds of dollars an hour). I'd tattoo "child killer" on his forehead and put him in General Population at a regular maximum security prison.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Should the punishment fit the crime ? or should we simply get this guy.and those like him. out of Society ?

The problem is that eventually, under most Penal systems, the guy would maybe get Parole at some stage, which he does not deserve.

In some cases the death penalty makes the most sense, but it does not punish sufficiently the crime.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I'd tattoo "child killer" on his forehead and put him in General Population at a regular maximum security prison.

Even better!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd tattoo "child killer" on his forehead

Speaking of tattoos, it might be a good idea if he had "Exit Only" tattooed on his butt, though it probably wouldn't make any difference in prison.

Doc

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

I'd say make him a JW. There is no better place for an extremist. That way both get F***** .

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

American laws prevent "cruel and unusual punishments". The purpose of prison is to separate criminals from society not to have them torture each other.

As far as the death penalty is concerned, the problem I have with it is not that it's morally wrong - I would gladly kill someone who presents himself as a mortal danger - but that it inevitably will be used against those who have been wrongly accused or condemned.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

For those that think he will be killed in general population or by prisoners, need to realize he was tried in a federal court. He will be given a federal sentence, either death or life in prison. In federal prison he more than likely will spend 23 hours in a personal cell.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

If you put him in a jail in Death Valley, California or Arizona with "Sheriff Joe", we need him to experience pain horrendous pain (Shawshank Redemption?) and suffering in some run down prison where he's feed Banquet Pork potpies and Strawberry Quick for all three-squares.. Colorado has some radical leaders inside their Super-max prison system, I wish he was in a prison like the Costa Rican or Panamanian 'Prison Break" show not a clean Super-Max.

He's going to write a book, get a movie made about him and have crazy people writing him (Fan girls), you sure you want him to use up resources that would be better expended on your kids or gran kids?

• smiddy
    smiddy

He was responsible for more than one death and many horrific injuries on many others,

He deserves to die .

Not 30 ,40, 50, or more years in jail , with all the perks they now get at the expense of taxpayers money .

Do you know how much it costs , overall to keep someone in jail for a year ?

Give him life in jail and you will only encourage others to do the same as he has done

" I can kill as many people as I can , and be famous for my cause , and I will live in prison and be a hero "

smiddy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I think he should be denied the satisfaction of becoming a martyr hero in the eyes of his islamic radical brethren. A life sentence in complete isolation for the first 25 years would be best, until the world forgets whom he ever was.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit