KHConf - I had no idea how big it has become!

by sir82 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

freeconferencecall (dot) com is far superior and, well, FREE!

Wonder who is the Einstein behind using the paid unreliable service instead...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh I HATED that number. I had the valid excuse of being sick for a very long time---it was a relief---until THE NUMBER! Then I was expected to never miss a meeting. I only listened in a couple of times, but I always got asked if I had and how I enjoyed the meeting. UGH.

I wonder why they don't just set up a camera and skype the sucker. Then the faithful could have visual.

The few times I did listen in, I would wake up with the phone slid down by my side. LOL I probably lasted 5 minutes tops.

NC

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

New directions are for all halls to use KHC. So you can be sure there is a rebate

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Unless the owner of this service has struck a deal with the ORG, this might be one of the worse business ideas ever.

Think about it, even if this is a good service and the price is right, the risk is beyond reasonable. All it takes is for the ORG to catch wind of this and decide that they can offer that service as well and charge the congos. Or they can just decide that congos should simply not use it.

They are one letter away from losing all of their business.

My suggestion is to be proactive and contact the Org to strike a deal to be their service provider, and offer to provide them a kick back for every subscription. Win-win because in that case the ORG would actually promote (force) the congos to use their services.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ redvip2000...

That idea would definitely help them on their way towards becoming an e-religion.

• zeb
    zeb

sir82,

what do you think of the HU?

• sir82
    sir82

I could give you a better answer if I knew what/who the HU is!

What the HU are you talking about?

• pixel
    pixel

This is the new direction that road to nowhere is talking about:

Congregation Conferencing Services: The branch office is taking steps to standardize the electronic services used to deliver spiritual programs to congregations and publishers. Beginning November 1, 2019, the integrated audio and video-streaming and digital telephone answering services known as KHCONF (currently used by congregations in the U.S. branch territory) will be provided directly by the branch office. This does not affect the video-streaming service that sign-language congregations currently use. Further details will be provided regarding how congregations can show their appreciation for this arrangement.

Congregations who desire conferencing services are encouraged to utilize KHCONF. These consolidated arrangements will result in significant savings for congregations and the organization. Please submit any questions, technical support requests, and new service requests to KHCONF.US@bethel.jw.org using jw.borg e-mail.

 To the extent possible, publishers benefitting from this provision should be encouraged to connect to meetings using the KHCONF app on their computer or mobile device. It may be necessary to assist publishers in using the app. Such efforts will result in additional savings for the organization.

 Congregations who currently subscribe to KHCONF will continue to use the same connection information. In order to ensure a smooth transition, please confirm that any KHCONF invoices received before November 1, 2019, are paid.

______

Looks like they got bought by the Borg. Note the "Further details will be provided regarding how congregations can show their appreciation for this arrangement." (Wink wink)

• Ronin
    Ronin

Yep, KHConf got bought by the org and now they going to probably make their website just ba,jw,org probably make a khconf,jw,org soon.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I don’t see that as having taken place. I would have been informed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit