Help - can anyone remember re:covenants?

by Sapphy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Hi All,

I have some memories as a kid of sitting through some reallllly long Watchtowers about the various covenants in place, or replaced etc.

I'm having trouble remembering the precise difference between the 'new covenant' and the 'kingdom covenant' or 'covenant for a kingdom'.

I remember one had 144,000 members and one had 144,001 members and it was very important to know the difference.

I've had a quick search on the CD Rom but it's not clear & I can't find those study articles...

Can anyone help?

• wobble
    wobble

What exactly are you after sweety ?

there are big articles of JW views on covenants in the "Insight on the Scriptures" volumes, and the pertinent quote is not there, but under "Mediator" where it blatantly says Jesus is Meditor for only the 144,000. Not mediator for all men, as scripture says (Paul to Timothy)

But let us know what you are looking for, surely not a lesson in how to really understand the Bible ?

That is easy, just take it that everything the WT/JW's say about what it says and means is wrong, you won't get too far out of line with that thinking!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Heh, thanks Wobble, no I'm truly mentally away from watchtower land!

I was just wondering if anyone else had the recollection of those study articles & could point me in the right direction. I think the first ever answer I gave was 144,001!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Messianic Covenant-Jesus and the 144,000

Davidic Covenant

There may have been one with Abraham too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit