Cult vs. Cult - KH In Senegal Burned

by stealyourface 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Muslim youth in Senegal, Africa, encouraged to march in protest against what they considered as "acts of aggression against their faith", burn a KH in the Senegalese capital. The KH was targeted because of JW proselytizing, literature distribution and "handing out crosses".

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/06/senegal-imam-making-excuses-for-rampage-against-jehovahs-witnesses-kingdom-hall-caught-in-a-lie.html Link contains citations.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I just read (and was going to post the link) that article!!!! I thought "Handing out Crosses and magazines"???...Wait 'til the GB finds out about this!! LOL Looks like the Missionaries skipped a lesson or two over there.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The "My God is better then yours!" mentality plays itself out again amongst the brainwashed twits.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

"Cult vs cult" was the first thing I thought of when I read this article on Google News. I had this mental image in my head of those smack-down wrestling cartoons, LOL!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Did anyone read the thread that followed in this link? . . .

A JW came on all strawberries and cream about her religion . . . then an XJW (possibly even from here) replied with a few well documented facts on the history and practices of the WTS . . . complete with references to articles, JWN threads, and JWFacts. Poor dubbies . . . they just can't get the hang of this internet thing. "Theocratic warfare" (lying) just won't work on the net . . . best stick to D2D.

Worth a read if you're after a chuckle.

• satinka
    satinka

Something is not adding up with these stories. Crosses? Alcohol and a bar? Hmmm...

Cult against cult for sure.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=137435607 has another version of the story:

Senegalese Youths Burn Church, Destroy Bar by The Associated Press

DAKAR, Senegal June 27, 2011, 03:34 am ET Hundreds of Muslim protesters descended on a Jehovah's Witness temple and a bar in a conservative Muslim neighborhood of the Senegalese capital on Sunday, setting the buildings on fire in a rare instance of religious extremism in the predominantly Muslim nation.

Thierno Mbeugne, spokesman for the local imam association, said the head imam in the conservative Yoff district of Dakar had asked the youths to march on Sunday against what they considered "acts of aggression against their faith." They were targeting the temple because they claim its members were proselytizing, and the bar because it was selling alcohol.

He said the Islamic religious leaders did not endorse the violence, "but they do think that the youths were right" to destroy the church and the bar.

One of the rioters Mame Faye, 24, explained that the mob set upon the temple while churchgoers were praying inside before setting upon the bar.

Other witnesses, however, said that the hundreds of protesters burst into the establishment and began drinking the cans of beer. They then stripped the building, making off with the refrigerator, the air conditioners and the furniture. Then they set it on fire.

A doctor who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press said his clinic had treated 37 people, including several wounded police officers. One had a stab wound. The police used tear gas to disperse the crowd.

Mbeugne claimed that the head of the temple had been actively trying to convert locals. He said that under the cover of teaching English, she had started handing out crosses and Jehovah's Witness literature.

----------------------------------------------

With both patriarchal religions claiming to be "moderate"...I wonder what is really going on?

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit