Clearly a Satanic Conspiracy...

by Confession 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confession
    Confession

The Watchtower Society freely condemns all other religions as a “snare and a racket,” “whorish” and “fit for destruction.” It’s considered proper to denounce them.

But when any former Watchtower follower merely admits he no longer finds that organization to be God’s “sole channel of communication,” that is an unforgiveable outrage. When, after subsequently being scorned as “demonic” and “evil,” he objects? He is accused of being a traitor and of “beating” Watchtower believers.

Never mind this…

“We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God's Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are loversof the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination.” [The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, page 13--underlining added]

Or this…

“It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false.” [Watchtower, November 15, 1963]

You see, that wise admonition only applies to religions other than its own.

I’ve met dozens of people who came to believe the religion they were brought up in was not true, and none of their family members shunned them or considered them “evil.” It isn’t strange that they don’t spend much time talking about their former religions as there is no great conflict. But how strange would it be for a person to be cut off from his family, being held as wicked—and say nothing at all about it? If it isn’t ‘persecution to expose a religion as false,’ how can it be “persecution” when someone just disagrees and his conscience no longer allows him to call his former religion “The Truth”?

The lesson…

Condemning any other religion? Courageous and proper! Simply disagreeing with the Watchtower Society? Traitorous persecution clearly revealing a Satanic conspiracy.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Even more disgusting in my eyes is when they bring out the "They are just imperfect men" card.

OK, so following that logic, every other religion is also filled with imperfect men. So how do you differentiate them? You have to examine their record, just like the WT quotes above.

But then once you examine the WT record and expose the problems, you are "apostate" Its funny how every mistake ever made by the WT like joining the UN is "apostate information" while every mistake made by other religions is an identifying mark of them being false.

My conclusion- Its a cult

• sizemik
    sizemik

There are few better examples of Religious hypocrisy than Jehovah's Witnesses.

To invoke a Biblical precedent . . . their own words condemn them

• Quentin
    Quentin

Say it ain't so, with their own words you show their convoluted hypocrisy. Oh the agony irony...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

How can it be apostacy if its coming from their own mouths? Does that mean that what they say is apostacy as well since its their words? I say... yes.

• Confession
    Confession

Yes, Quentin, it's almost always their own words that come back to bite them. That's why, although it offered no commentary, the former Quotes site was such a thorn in the side of the Watchtower Society. "Stop reminding everyone what we actually printed!"

• luna2
    luna2

"Stop reminding everyone what we actually printed."

Isn't that why some congregations have purged their own libraries and why the WTS has developed a public and a members-only version of the Watchtower magazine? I haven't seen the new stuff, but I'd imagine that what the public gets is a watered down, homogenized version that makes very few concrete statements so that defending the indefensible at the doors or to governments is cut way back. They've got most of the rank and file trained to slurp up most of their contradictory slop and mentally write it off as "new light", so they aren't all that worried about their own members. They seem willing to lose those that start using their brains and do object; they're happy to write them off as apostates and to tell their brain-dead sheep to either attack the traitors or to cut them off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit