Why are WTBTS headquarters moving out of Brooklyn?

by BoleynGirl 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoleynGirl
    BoleynGirl

Aside from the economic incentives, has the WTBTS actually said why they are moving the headquarters to Warwick, NY?

Is there any sort of official statement re: reasoning?

Are they suggesting this is part of the "preparation" for the Big A - when NYC will clearly be destroyed, and so Jehovah won't have to squint and pick out the JWs in Brooklyn in order to avoid them when hurling the fireballs.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Funny! I like your reasoning!

• wobble
    wobble

All cults eventually run for the hills and retreat into the compound. The W.T is doing just that.

The official story has not been told has it ? just progress reports as though the whole thing is directed by Big J , whereas if this were true He would have had them sell up just as property reached its peak in value, not several years afterward.

• metatron
    metatron

There's an aspect to this that I don't think anyone has mentioned: a defense against taxation and government interference. There are large areas near the Hudson and above north New Jersey that are utterly dominated by tax fleeing religions - especially ultra orthodox Jews. They control those areas, in some cases, right down to the police force.

I believe that NY state avoids getting involved in these areas because it would require a near invasion to do so. The payback from proper enforcement wouldn't be worth it. Try driving thru an area like Loch Sheldrake and tell me you don't feel fear as a Gentile, that you have stumbled into a kind of Jewish Afghanistan. (I realize the above area is a bit removed from the Hudson but it illustrates what I'm talking about). This sort of localized xenophobic context was part of a plot on Law and Order SVU once.

metatron

• moshe
    moshe

9-11 spooked them and they can control the leisure time of bethelites better- without a subway or bus the bethelies are trapped in hooterville with everyone watching who goes into the package liquor store.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The "official" reasons are:

1) (When they first started moving to rural NY) To save costs and avoid the traffic so the shipments would get out faster

2) (Now that they have laid off their workers) They don't need them anymore since printing has moved to Canada.

It's clear to me from stories around the world (Menlo Park is not the only prime real estate they attempted to sell) that the WTBTS is itching for cash. They are barely holding up printing with the current income so they need to sell to pay their extra costs like extra printeries, the retirement home/country club they're building in Walkill, NY and the lawsuits from child abuse victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit