New World Translation - regular edition PDF

by Caminante 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Caminante
    Caminante

While browsing on jw.org, I suddenly spotted a new section under Digital Publications: Bible! As of today, the English edition of the softcover regular New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (bi12-E) is available in one full 15 MB genuine PDF file, converted from the original MEPS-composed PostScript files! Take a look at it here: http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGlVlYR

More languages coming soon (hopefully!)

• ervill25
    ervill25

Thank you for posting the New World Translation from jw.org.

• fokyc
  • Quendi
    Quendi

I am glad to see the New World Translation available as a pdf file. I have downloaded it onto my computer's hard drive and will also transfer it to my NOOK e-Reader. While the NWT is not perfect, on the whole I regard it as a worthwhile rendering of the Scriptures into contemporary English. I own a number of other Bible translations, however. I think it is important for the serious Bible reader and student to examine different renderings to better understand what the original languages actually say. I'm not in a position yet to study koine Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic, so I have to depend on the work of others. So having the Bible on my e-Reader will make it even easier to carry with me and read in different places. We have certainly come a long way from the days of unwieldy scrolls and codices!

Quendi

• Caminante
    Caminante

There is also an EPUB version available for download, for those whose e-readers are better suited for that format.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Thanks Caminante for the link. I am happy as well for the news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit