Tarred with the same brush

by link 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• link
    link

I don’t understand all the fuss about 607 B.C.E. There is exactly the same amount and type of reliable and factual historical evidence that J erusalem fell to the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E. as there is to support the theory that a man named Jesus Christ lived at the beginning of the first century C.E.

A few million Jehovah’s Witnesses believe the former but they are joined by tens of millions more who believe the latter.

Just a thought.

link

• wobble
    wobble

I agree Link, that there is no factual evidence for the "Historical Jesus", as there is no evidence for 607BCE as the date for the D of J.

Perlease, believers in either or both, do not rehash on this thread "proofs" that have been done to death !!!!!

The reason we like to have a pop at the 607 thing is that readers of this site who may believe in it can then see the problem with it, and once 607 is gone, so is the 1919 "choosing by Jesus" of the FDS.

Therefore the GB of the WT/JW's has no authority, and are simply self-appointed cult leaders.

Thus is the mind freed to examine any and all beliefs in a rational way, true freedom indeed !

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Wobble nailed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit