Any stories of failure?

by Diest 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

Does anyo ne have a story of a friend throwing their burden on Jehovah and it backfiring? i.e. they quit their job due to conflicts with the meetings, or did not take a promotion and went bankrupt......I am looking for some good anti-experiences. Avoiding the obvious I didnt go to college so my life sucked. Sorry if this is too cynical, just curious.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I too am curious for these experiences. All I ever hear at the meeting are the throw-ur-burden-on-Jah-and-then-everything-in-life-turns-out-wonderful experiences. Could use some of those "anti" ones

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

It doesn't matter if you found thousands of such stories. All that has to be said is that the person didn't trust Jah with his "whole heart" and your proof is refuted. You can't reason with zealots.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

How about the guy who walked off his well-paying job in the middle of the day and decided to start a cleaning business and pioneer...without discussing it with his wife first? And then they lived on $150 a week and welfare for 8 months? And he couldn't figure out why Jehovah wasn't blessing him, so he blamed his wife and said it must be something she was doing or something she brought into the house, so he threw out a bunch of her belongings...and still, Jehovah didn't bless him.

Then, lo and behold, one of the elders came around to inquiring as to whether he'd be available for the privileges of a Ministerial Servant! "Why, yes!" he replied. But after deliberation with the BOE, it was decided that this brother just wasn't ready. Upon asking at the next CO's visit why he wasn't given a privilege of service, it was explained to him why. He wasn't managing his household properly. And so, as before, he came home and blamed his wife. She didn't keep the house clean enough. She wasn't going out in service enough. She wasn't commenting enough.

For a few years, he went back to work. Then, after attending a convention and hearing the same "Do MORE" talks, he again quit his job...this time, with children to feed. The first year working for himself, he brought in a mere $9000. The second year, he brought in a nice income...

After he and his wife divorced and he remarried, he saw his income take a nosedive. All of a sudden, although he was doing more in "Jehovah's Service" and had married a "wonderful" JW woman, he saw his situation deteriorate yet again.

And that is where he remains. Living hand-to-mouth in a tiny apartment with his wife and kids, and wondering why in the heck Jehovah doesn't help him make more money. However, the former success of his business, the credit for that, was all given to Jehovah...not to himself for his hard work, not to his first wife for her support, her assistance, and major sacrifice in trying to get it off the ground, but to someone who doesn't even exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit