Time to get a new job?

by White Dove 6 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

You know it's time to get a new job when...

your boss gushes about how much she and everyone appreciates all your hard work and support but doesn't train you with new skills, and it's been over a year since you started.

No new skills, no raise, no promotion, just empty promises of YES! sometime in the future.

There oughta be a category for occupations.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

White Dove... is this thread about me? Its SPOT ON! Its one of the reasons I want to move next year. Find different job opportunities. Im going nowhere fast here. Everyone, including all my bosses love me, but I get no reward. Thats not how you treat your employees if you want them to keep working hard and to stay with the company.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Don't know your particular situations, but there is that recession thingy with high unemployment out there......

Business owners are not necessarily raking the big bucks either. There are always two sides to a story; try to put yourself in the shoes of he man (woman) who signs your paycheck...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good point, Yan, but the boss should have mentioned that instead of stalling me.

All it's been for over a year is stall stall stall with empty promises that SOON she will teach me new things.

Where have I hear "soon" before?

Put myself in her shoes? I'm already employed there and she is the teacher of the whole region.

Her shoes shouldn't lie. It's not professional.

Isn't that like a whole pile of waffles I've been fed?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I feel bad because I found out my brother had to take on a second job yet again. He has struggled to support his family his whole life. I know a lot of people are in the same situation nowadays. But,things,hardly ever seem to go his way.

His wife is a hard worker too,but was recently injured on the job and it appears won't be getting any settlement. And she can barely get around. It's just sad. And I'm in no position to help them out.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Dove, dear, don't get me wrong....I empathize with you. Have been in your position for 5 years (and I am talking 2001-2006) when jobs were plentiful and I could (should) have jumped ship. Only when I was forced to be on the other side of the fence did I see all the things that go on behind the curtains of a small business.

But as I opened my previous post, I don't know the particulars and if it is time to change gears, it is time to change gears. Wish you the best of luck in the job search!

-Yan

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's Taco Bell, the company that promises skills growth and upward mobility.

I've been stuck (lousy economy) there (I'm grateful for employment) wiping tables, moping floors and washing dishes daily (part time) for over a year, now.

Can't cashier because of hearing issues, but can do everything else, if trained.

I'm bored to DEATH!

Even if there is no increase in pay, I just want to activate my mind with new things, of which there are plenty to learn.

Any of the employees (who know a ton of skills there) can do my job.

I have a BA and an MS, but due to the economy, beggars for employment can't be choosers.

I'm still searching for a more appropriate job for my existing skill set (a lot of advanced skills not used in a teenage place of employment).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit