How I see myself (Part IV) - the last part

by bottleofwater 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• bottleofwater
  • jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I greatly hope that my future keeps on leading me to success.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for writing, bottleofwater, and good luck with your future.

jlp

• faundy
    faundy

I found your post really interesting, BOW, and I hope that you continue to 'find yourself' and are happy.

I was a little confused with your references to the Kingdom Hall being a 'church' though- even as an ex Witness I would still not refer to it as a church...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing!

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I call it a church because I consider "Kingdom Hall" to be cult-speak.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You future looks a lot brighter now, than when you first arrived, Bottle.

I'm with you on the cult-speak too. I never use it, especially with Dubs. I always try to leave them with the impression that I see nothing special about the church I had the misfortune to be born to members of.

Cheers

Chris

• wobble
    wobble

All the best Bottle ! The future is an exciting place, full of opportunity and fun ! Grab it !

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

thanks for the update! It's hard enough being a JW and then adding being Gay! Best wishes! Enyoy your life to the full! out side of JW's most will love you for whom you are!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just wanted to add that when I see a duck, I call it a duck.

In my opinion it's appropriate to call it a church. The elders are lay ministers... or more accurately "volunteer janitors." COs, DOs, special pioneers, bethelites, and the GB are clergy. And the GB are cardinals or "collective pope" based on "apostolic succession," as the Reasoning Book states, "Not a Bible teaching." The JW choice of wording is just window dressing. They call it "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses", we call it "JW cult."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit