No mention in KMs of any increase in pubs. in U.S. for half of service year

by Gayle 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

I notice, on another ex-JW site, for their "Field Service Highlights" for the U.S. (not counting Turks island) , it doesn't mention any increase in 'Publishers' for half of the service year, Sept. '10- February '11 (6 mos). Makes me assume there hasn't been any or much, otherwise they would have tooted their horn about it.

However, there has been quite an increase in pios. Wonder why?

• Free!!
    Free!!

most likely the numbers are down... they would NEVER admit to that...

and the increase in pioneers... easy.. they are hammering in everyone's head the end is near and either you do as they say and go to service or you'll die in armagedon... saddly... Fear is the best tool they have!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Increase in Pioneers: 30 hr Aux in April, and a bunch of people out of work, so what do they do? Pioneer!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Increase in pioneers but no increase in pubs. Yeah the d2d is really working.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

They'll be turning in a mass of reports (from all the slackers) in August and claim a huge increase - in 2009 they claimed almost 50,000 new publishers in August.

• Joker10
    Joker10

The May 2011 KM does make mention that "when compared with the same month last year [December 2010], the United States saw increases of 2.7 percent in total publishers, 6.8 percent in regular pioneers, and 4.5 percent in auxiliary pioneers".

There were 1,115,786 average publishers in 2010. Assuming 2.7 is the actual percent increase so far (may not be, but the best number we have) there will be 1,145,912 average publishers in this service year. That is an additional 30,126 publishers.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

WELL IF YOU CLAIM 15 MINUTES a month makes you a publisher...I'm sure many JW's spend this 15 minutes in this forum...

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Good call Baltar. That may have something to do with it. I was sitting at that meeting when they announced the wonderful priveledge FROM THE FAITHFUL SLAVE (not Jehovah) that for the month of April the regular pioneer hours would be lowered and the auxillary pioneer hours would be lowered. I wanted to gag. Everyone around me was practically fanning themselves to keep from passing out due to this "loving provision". I thought "am I really the only one that sees that this is nothing but 1) a stint to increase numbers so their mindless followers can say "LOOK how many pioneers there were! See! Jehovah is pouring out his blessings!" and 2) a stint to maintain control and maintain numbers. Poor Sally didn't think she'd be able to pioneer but NOW she can....just for a month. Now her zeal is renewed. And when she later looks at the "increased" numbers she will forget all about the fact that the hour limits were lowered (the FDS certainly won't put an asterisk on that report to remind people)....and she'll say "wow! Look at the numbers! Jehovah sure is blessing the preaching work!". And her zeal will be renewed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit