Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome Stumpy. Seems that your wife has one foot out the door already. You're doing the right thing.
  • steve2
    steve2
    What stands out in your OP is your loving description of your marriage. You are an empathic, considerate man who desires to treat his wife as his friend and companion. On that basis alone, you are streets ahead of others who have tried tl leave the organization. Keep looking after each other, go slow but steadily and - good advice for anyone trying to get their head around things - be careful about "spiritual" indigestion.
  • freddo
    freddo

>Stumpy

Hi there! Welcome. Not easy being an elder once you wake up. Been there. Any family/extended family in? Are you looking to "walk away" without DF/DA or wake up as many as you can?

I saw the broadcast containing the bit about the building leak - like the dancing trolley cart one it shows a level of crazy ...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I vote that Stumpy gets the award for the best opening post!

The responses have been outstanding!

Yes mate, Im sure everyone joins me in welcoming you and your wife...and hearing more about your journey in life and experiences!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Hi Stumpy and welcome, nice intro! Can you please tell me which video you watched? I'm not seeing a monthly selection on JW broadcasting that says April.

Thanks

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Stumpy, I found it. Didn't realize that there were so many videos on JW broadcasting. That was a stupid remark about the leak. I believe I will be showing this stupidity to hubby...

• yodastar
    yodastar

Welcome Stumpy! Yes that was a great post. I wish the rest of my family would see the 'light' but they remain fixed.

Silly but unlike you they don't seem to question anything.

I just checked my status and realised I only joined 11 days ago. Wow, it feels like a lot longer because of a new found freedom of mind and a release of a lot of emotion I did not realise I was carrying.

I have not set foot in KH for 18 years, have not believed either but I guess reading stories about peoples lives has added peace.

Really wish you and your wife well in the coming months. Cheers and well done friend.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hey Stumpy. Very glad you joined. I was an elder and my wife and I both pioneered. We're still in shock over the fact that we feel as we do now. We were gung-ho JWs who gave it our all and spent many long days in service, sometimes 11 or more hours.

I have a very strong need to gather info and read like crazy at the moment! Is this normal?

I don't know whether it's normal, but I was that way and still am. My life is still very busy and I have little free time because of the financial situation being a JW put me in, so I don't have a lot of time to read now. However, I have the desire and have a huge library and daily collect more reading material. I have all the books you mentioned (including the Dawkins book) and I'm collecting all the older JW literature I can get my hands on.

Speaking of your and your wife's prayer, I still pray. Just last night I went outside looked up at the clear sky and begged for answers. I have made answering my questions simpler now by asking questions that can be answered with a "yes" or "no", but I get complete silence as an answer.

I think I remember reading that you've had some questions and/or doubts for a while; well, I had them the whole time I was a JW, but I thought they'd be resolved or answered. I've been praying for help in getting my questions answered for at least 35 years, but, as already mentioned, I have received zero help; in fact, the questions and doubts grew. Lately, I've been expressing some anger. I've said things like "WHERE ARE YOU???" "WHY WON'T YOU REVEAL YOURSELF???"

I still don't know what to believe (or what not to believe). I hope that I can get to the point that I'll have more time to read and come to some conclusions. I just know for a fact that something is majorly wrong in JW land.

Please hang around here. I can relate to your situation and want to hear more from you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey Stumpy, have you considered this? It may help your wife.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/275576/active-jws-can-you-defend-truth?page=1

There is no need to attack anyone, just consider the facts. The WTBTS's own "criteria for truth" is being ignored by the GB!!! Then they have the gall to label anyone who disagrees with their dogma as an "apostate"!!

If there is an "evil slave class", they are part of it! Who else but the "evil slave" would try to make everyone believe that the "evil slave" is hypothetical???

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh yeah, don't forget that "Rubber Face" Lett was lying in last months JW Broadcasting video! He knows about the Pedo cases, but says it all "apostate driven lies"!!!

What an asshole.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit