Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I know how you feel. Last year I was determine to fix my spirituality, to really get on track in the organization. I prayed a lot that Jehovah would show me what my wife and I needed to do. The answer wasn't what I thought it would be. Where things take me, we'll see. I leave it in Jehovah's hands and if I'm wrong in the end it won't be because I didn't have faith in Jehovah. I see the organization as a disaster just like the Israelites though.

A quote I like is to "run with those that search for truth, and run like hell from those that claim to have found it".

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I don't think it will take you as long, stumpy. You've already read all of those books! I mean many people take YEARS to ever let themselves look at apostate stuff. You will be in much better shape. Be sure to research doctrine too. Tear it apart at the seams. It doesn't take much, since their doctrine is held together by a few threads.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Stumpy,

good on you mate....take it slow. remember time is now on your side. always let the missus know how much you love her.

things are going slow with my missus...she knows how i feel. i told her i support her and what ever she wants to do. so far just taking it day by day. we don't discuss anything BORG related. never did and don't and we don't associate with any witness's. and neither do our kids. this makes it easy.

live your life or lives and have respect for eachother. this is more than what the BORG will ever give and with that you will win the war.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised by how many elders have left.

The elders I know personally seem to have been selected based on their willingness to swallow whatever the organization tells them and on their ability to forget all about teachings and practices they used to push the minute those things become "old light."

In my lifetime, 1975 is the prime example. For years, it was all they could talk about. Then suddenly the mantra became, "My service to Jehovah isn't tied to a date..."

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Stumpy - Welcome to you and your wife.

It might be a bumpy ride for a while but see it through. Freedom is always worth the price.

Best wishes

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ding: The elders I know personally seem to have been selected based on their willingness to swallow whatever the organization tells them and on their ability to forget all about teachings and practices they used to push

I knew many elder like that, but there are also a lot of good men in this organization (women too, but obviously they can't be elders) that mean well.

I also know that once you become an elder you become privy to a lot more of the dirt behind the scenes. If you're the first kind of elder you described, you just "swallow" it all down. But if you're the second kind, you say, "What the fuck! I'm in a cult!"

• Chris Hannover
    Chris Hannover
    Ding: The elders I know personally seem to have been selected based on their willingness to swallow whatever the organization tells them and on their ability to forget all about teachings and practices they used to push

There is only one virtue to JWs: doing what you're told.

If you do what you're told, you're called spiritual.

All good personal traits are considered symptoms of doing what you're told. The individual is never given credit for their own actions, the credit is always given to following the rules.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Preaching the Gospel according to Jesus's directives is one thing but being subservient and preaching a false commercialized Gospel by a man made publishing house self proclaiming itself chosen by god is something quite different.

There are actual warnings in the bible concerning false prophets and how one is to conduct themselves around these individuals.

The Watchtower Publishing house self defines itself as false religion with dubiously suspicious corruption.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Chris Hannover
    If you do what you're told, you're called spiritual.

This. It boils down to this. You may be an elder, pioneer, participate in every "privilege" ... the moment you hesitate in doing what you're told, question the direction or teaching ... you're no longer spiritually healthy.

Eden

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point Eden One

The WTS self devised doctrines had more to do with the organization's literature proliferation than actual truth and fact finding .

Openly question the expressed doctrines and you'll quickly find yourself demonized or pointed out as being spiritually weak. Anything proclaimed or taught by the WTS heads is expressively deemed non debatable or questionable .

Reflectively is that so surprising being that most of the doctrines created by the WTS was intentionally devised to uplift the proliferation of the WTS own publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit