Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding
    Mind telling us what the key issue or issues were for you?
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! We just got back from work and it was very nice to see all the messages.

EdenOne and Splash, yes those are the examples we pondered over too... especially Gideon, Aaron and Moses.

"Jehovah set up a sign for Cain so that noone finding him would strike him." - Too funny

"You should have picked something that would never ever occur, such as a man asking for directions or a woman actually apologizing for something she did or said." - This made me laugh too which I really needed tonight, thank you. I wanted it to be as easy and as legit as possible though so it will really help my wife see things for how they are. She's an awesome girl, you guys would love her. I hate to see her hurting

Zoos, yes I have read Crisis of Conscience and I'm making my way through In Search of Christian Freedom which is a bit harder going for some reason. I guess I'm not ready for that info just yet. I just finished Gentile Times Reconsidered during the book study this week on my iPad (playing dangerously!) and it way more than confirmed all my own research about 607 as well as tons of info I didn't know. I'm also listening to the audio book The Greatest Show On Earth during my commute. On top of that I've read/scanned through almost every Watchtower publication from the 1880's to the 1970's. I have a very strong need to gather info and read like crazy at the moment! Is this normal?

Wife is out of the shower and ready to eat pizza so I'd better go. It's going to be a long night! I'll be back soon.

45 mins to go...

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Yes, I have done the same. Reading, reading and reading.

Welcome on board.

On top of that I've read/scanned through almost every Watchtower publication from the 1880's to the 1970's. I have a very strong need to gather info and read like crazy at the moment! Is this normal?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome 'Brother' Stumpy!

Really great to have you here in our wonderful community!

The thing that amazed me when I first found this site and lurked here...then joined up, was how NORMAL everyone is. No, those here are not the EVIL apostates we were warned about. We are just normal people using our logical minds to evaluate things that we ignored for most of our lives.

Im also an Aussie.

May I ask what state you are in? (of the country that is. Not state of mind. haha)

send me a PM anytime.

Once again...welcome!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh Stumpy!

I just realised...the answer to your prayer was the fact that you joined this site!!

Yes, Jah blessed you by "helping you find this forum" just as he helped that man find his leak......

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stumpy,

Welcome!

I just saw your thread; it's early morning here in SoCal.

I'm guessing your prayer has been answered by now (or not).

Can't wait to hear the results.

Oubliette

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Stumpy....it's nice to see new ones waking up.

How did your answer of your own prayer work out? Did your wife react in a positive way?

Thanks for sharing

Kate xx

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Just a big welcome. The rest being said by the immensely savvy people on the forum. Enjoy the wealth of info. the laughter and sunshine.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What a crazy, emotional ride it is to finally face the truth about the doubts that I have carried for many years. I feel like a fool. How could I have been so stupid and gullible! My faith in so many things is shot...

I'm a born-in and I'm currently an elder unfortunately. We live in Australia. Mentally, I'm already out, but my wife is having a very hard time with it. She knows I'm right and I've been showing her everything I'm finding out (only from the Watchtower publications), with very emotional reactions as you would expect. She's not completely there yet, but well on her way thank goodness.

Sounds like a "cut & paste" of my story!

Yes it's an emotional roller coaster! Stupid & gullible -- that's how I felt too.

And ANGRY! Angry that I had been so stupid and gullible for decades, but also angry that someone had lied to me and manipulated me for their gain (and to my detriment) for those decades. Screwing with the lives of so many people as they have done is simply............EVIL. I'm not sure at what level within the Org there are people in control that know what they are doing. I simply cannot believe that it's all delusional believers floundering around aimlessly and yet amassing a corporate empire worth billion$$$. Someone up high there knows they're running a scam of a business.

Doc

• Splash
    Splash

(John 14:13, 14) Also, whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, so that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit