Call out to faders- stories needed

by Coffee House Girl 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Hey all out there on JWN, newbies and veteran favories:

I faded from my cong about 21 months ago and have been talking about my experiences leaving the org to a journalist who is interested in doing a freelance piece on exiting JWs or even JWs who have doubts/have eyes opened about the WTBS and stay "in" for family/friends. To put her subject of interest in her own words, she wants experiences of JWs who are:

"not devoted to the religion nor strictly disfellowshipped--the ones who pretend for sake of keeping their friends/family, and who maybe have to live in secrecy, to some degree."

She is going to submit a list of questions in interview format that I will be participating in, but I was in hopes that maybe you out there on this support site would like to lend your perspectives also

I can vouch for her as never having been in the organization, she is a graduate of University of Chicago, and she understands the importance of keeping identities hidden- so no names or personal info please- just need your feelings and experiences

Please PM me if you are interested in participating, or if you live in the Denver area and wish to speak with her in person...she is willing to sit down and talk with anyone interested.

Thank you,

CHG

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Coffee House Girl,

You have a PM.

Reopened Mind

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks for your help Reopened!

CHG

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Sending you a PM now

• wobble
    wobble

sent you a P.M, glad to contribute !

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks for your interest i will reply to all with interview questions- she fb me today to tell me she has a list of questions to email me- I will forward :)

CHG

• Diest
    Diest

Did any of the other faders call it that before coming on a site like that? I started fading 8 years ago and cut off the memorials about 2 years ago. I told some friends it was better to fade than be DFed like my dad was.....Just curious if most people were thinking the same way individually or if they found the term or the idea of fading on this site.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome Diest-

When I was in the organization and decided to try to sneak out without DFing or DAing, I was foolish enough to think I was about the only one who thought about leaving with a "tactical plan" lol....

when I came to this site one of the first things I realized that not only had tons of people left the religion with a plan like me (a plan to sneak away and still be able to talk to family)..but that there was a slang term for it "fading"- I laughed to by boyfriend about how naive I was

Now I have read about many elaborate fading plans on JWN, I wish I had seen this site before I started my fade....I would have avoided some of the heartache caused by my paticular method of exiting

CHG

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm faded but my family know that I want nothing to do with JWs. I avoided da'ing or df'ing so that I could still talk to my family. I faded from the cong slowly but surely over the course of a year or so. Of course, I was shunned by the majority of the cong for being a slacker, even though before that I'd always been a "good" JW.

If I fall into the category that the interviewer is looking for, I'm happy to help.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I may be a little late to the party but if there is anything I can contribute let me know. You can send me an PM. I live near Denver and left about 9 months ago. My family and most of my wifes are still fully "in".

Dazed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit