Agonizing Questions

by Defender 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Defender
    Defender

Gal 1:8. We have the Apostle Paul clearly warning the Galatians, to the extent of invoking a divine curse, about believing other versions of the Good News than what Paul had originally published.

The question is which Good News should I believe? The one published by the Apostle Paul from Tarsus, or the one from Charles Taze Russell from Allegheny, Pennsylvania?

John 6: 53,54. We have none other than Jesus Christ himself, our supposed leader, telling us in no uncertain terms that unless we eat his flesh and drink his blood, we will not have everlasting life.

The question is whom should I trust with my everlasting prospects? Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, the only one who has authority to resurrect from the dead, or Rutherford/Franz for postulating a prohibition on this kind of feeding unless one is of the “anointed”? Bearing in mind, that Jesus never made such distinction.

Rev. 7: 15. There, the Apostle John is told that the great crowd is standing before (Gr: enopion) the throne of God, very much like the lamb, angels, and elders are standing before (Gr: enopion) the throne in heaven. He is also told that they are serving God in His temple’s sanctuary (Gr: naos) where, traditionally, only priests are allowed to serve there.

The question is where do I believe the location of the great crowd to be? Is it according to the inspired revelations of the Apostle John where he sees them serving God in heaven, or according to Rutherford/Franz uninspired teachings of having them as strict vegetarians, petting lions and tigers and building mountain side villas?

Rev 20:5. Here we have the apostle John telling us under direct inspiration from Jesus, that the rest of the dead will not be resurrected until after the 1000 years have ended. On the other hand, the WTS is telling me that the dead will be resurrected WITHIN the 1000 years.

The question is whom I should believe? The inspired Apostle John, or the non-inspired, according to their own admission, Russell/Rutherford/Franz et al?

• DB
    DB

Good questions Defender!

• freeman
    freeman

Always go with the Watch Tower teaching (NOT!)

Freeman

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

? So Jesus told his disiples to EAT ME! ? I like that. Maybe he was Gay....

TimB

• jukief
    jukief

Easy! Don't believe *any* of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit