The Watchtower, Christianity and Cultism

by Nickolas 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

godrulz- 'not all controlling' the pick and choose god.

Its beyond your grasp I guess but letting harm come to kids well there's no excuse really if you are the god of the Bible and make the claims you do. But such are the stuff of Myths.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

designs, you do realise you're arguing with a brick wall, don't you?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've seen this happen before, Nick. It never ends...

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

yes, MS, wouldn't it be nice if Simon could incorporate some sort of filter to keep the chaff out of the conversation? Then again, that would impede free speech, so I suppose it's best to keep things as they are. He will have to leave it up to the individual participant to filter stuff out on his/her own. I have many conversations with a number of very intelligent theists in here and I respect and even admire their qualities but those who use rhetoric in conversation, whether theist or atheist, don't impress me much.

• godrulz
    godrulz

designs: if you were a parent, you would appreciate that controlling a kid is not desirable nor possible. You want God to stop everything without messing with your own free will. Blame the devil and evil men before you blame God. There is no theodicy without considering free will and spiritual warfare. The god you want in your image would not be to your liking either. You would be snuffed in a moment.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    That could include political groups, I assume. Stalin's regime is very good example. Hitler's, too. And Pot and all those others. Even your government and mine (actually, they're the same one) seek to have a major influence on our thinking. It's the way it is, one of the tools to maintain law and order in an otherwise free society. So, if not to be under the influence of cultism is to be truly free to think as you wish and not as others wish you to think, where does it begin and end? It really comes down to some sort of line in the sand. The line maybe as simple as doing no harm to anyone.

I think that do no harm is a good place to start, just as the "golden rule" is a good place to start.

I think that we are exposed to though control on a daily basis, from the cars we drive, to the shows we watch, to the news we see, to how we are told to act in society, to the laws that allow us to function.

The thing is that, in the end, it is still OUR CHOICE, Our WILL, that decides if we do those things or not.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The thing is that, in the end, it is still OUR CHOICE, Our WILL, that decides if we do those things or not.

In the absense of coercion and extortion, yes. Otherwise the exercise of free will becomes moot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit