untitled

by The Quiet One 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Paragraph 2: If we are to progress to Christian maturity, we must learn to distinguish right from wrong and then make decisions that reflect our own convictions, not those of someone else. (Romans 12:1,2)(Hebrews 5:14) Paragraph 11: Elders make decisions that affect the congregation. However, they make sure that they "do not go beyond the things that are written" in God's Word. (1 Corinthians 4:6)... ...Seriously?!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Very sorry, title didn't appear... "Ironic comments in this weeks Watchtower study" was the title :)

• sizemik
    sizemik

Classic WTS double speak . . .

Our "own convictions" must still be exactly according to WT doctrine because these are "right" and all else is "wrong"

Going "beyond the things that are written" is in effect meaningless since they will find "scriptural precedents" to jusify just about anything their own bias and prejudice will allow.

Good examples.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Very sorry, title didn't appear

You can edit your post for 30 minutes after posting (including the title) . . . just click on the the little speech bubble icon to the extreme right of the title bar.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. My phone can't edit, I just tried it and got an error message, thanks for trying to help though :)

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ah yes, the limitations of the phone post . . . the tech is coming.

Welcome to the Forum by the way.

• AGuest
    AGuest

As some might say, dear QO (peace to you!)... "I think I just threw up a little in my mouth."

Gag. Really. That LIE literally turned my stomach. That's why I can no longer read that poisonous "wormwood." Gives me the roils. Literally.

VOMIT IT OUT, people!

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit