Just bought "Diving Plan of the Ages"......Is there anything you can direct me to in the book?

by drewcoul 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I happened to find a Studies in the Scriptures volume of "Divine Plan of the Ages" on ebay. I was able to get it for about 12 bucks. I should have it in a few days. Can anyone give me some insights into the book, or if there are any references I should look at right away?

I can't wait to show my mom my new purchase and show her what the WT was teaching when Jesus selected them in 1914.....er 1918...er 1919.....whichever it was.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW.....I also found that the entire "Studies in the Scriptures" series has been republished. I don't know who the publisher is, but they are selling it on ebay.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

its a breath of fresh air compared to wts publications.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Diving Plan of the Ages?

Back to being serious ... any idea which edition it is? I'm not sure about 'new light' changes to Vol. 1, but the other volumes were updated as time went on - look half way down on http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php for examples.

Also you might want to look at http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/divine_plan.html

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

there's a plan with pyramids to calculate the times attached to the inside cover. there's also talk about the time of the end starting in 1799 if i remember correctly...

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

don't know about the plan of the ages too much but vol 3, Thy Kingdom Come, is a classic. If you can get your hands on a hard copy of that one you might have a lot of fun.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

That's volume 1 right? Volume 2 is more about 1914 etc afaik. That's why I read Volume 2.

However I'm sure it will have stuff in yours re 1914 just not in the detailed "proofs" given in volume 2...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_in_the_Scriptures

The diving gags been done, so I'll shutup now.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake and mispelled "Divine" as "Diving"........I wish I could change it......oh well.

I can't wait to get my hands on the book. I think my grandmother had a copy when I was a kid.

• munchausen
    munchausen

While not an expert, I have read all of the Studies (quite a few years ago, I must say) I can only say that I think that the Divine Plan of the Ages should be required reading for any who want to understand the JW religion. The really juicy things that most people refer to (pyramid, time prophecies, etc) are in the later volumes. The main thing that comes thru in the Divine Plan is that:

1 Russell was a good writer, The invention of the JW religion wouldn't have happened if Russell had not had a good command of the English language, and he was good. Compare the Divine Plan to the Three Worlds, which was written mostly by Barbour and financed by Russell, and there is no comparison. It is an easy read, even a hundred+ years later.

2 The Divine Plan is all about going to heaven, for the 'elect' ie; the best Christians. The earth was only for the second best Christians, and the 'heathens', and for the 'Jews' who were given a better place than the heathens, but still on earth. It is all ridiculous now of course,, but one cannot really get what happened in the 20's and 30's without a background in the Divine Plan.

Incidentally, the Divine Plan, as well as the Studies and some of the other pre-1916 literature, is usually in print by some of the Bible Students Groups. The WT society continued to publish ( or arrange to be published) the Studies into the 20's, but the edition that the Bible Students reprint is (correct me if I am wrong) the 1915 version. The differences are minimal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit